Palace Circle

by Margaret Pemberton

Delia Chandler, an eighteen-year-old Southern girl, marries Viscount Ivor Conisborough just before World War II and becomes part of the Windsor Court. It's every girl's dream come true. But Delia is jolted from her pleasant life when she realizes, after the birth of her two daughters, that Ivor chose her only to bear an heir to his estate. Shortly thereafter, she begins an affair with her husband's handsome, titled, and frequently scandalous best friend.… (more)

English (38)  Danish (1)  All languages (39)
Another reviewer labeled this "light historical fiction" and I have to agree. It was a quick enjoyable read that kept me interested. But it's more of a beach read rather than something that stimulates deep thoughts. There wasn't much in the way of character development and breezes by historical events too quickly. ( )
  baruthcook | Aug 26, 2020 |
You can read my full review at http://journeythroughthebooks.blogspot.com

I absolutely loved this book! Rebecca Dean has quickly become one of my favorite authors, and Palace Circle has become one of my favorite books. I loved everything about this novel; the fact that it was told from the perspective of 5 different characters; the fact that it covers such a huge span of time. I loved the romance, the intrigue, and the high society of it all. It is such an amazing book, and I highly recommend this one. ( )
  ohsnapxitsamanda | May 9, 2013 |
This historical novel had a bit too much soppy romance in it for my taste. I don't know why it seems necessary to refer to women as animals in romance novels and Rebbecca Dean doesn't do it too often but it is still offensive. Delia's daughters are "fiery beauties", as if they were horses. I guess it is too difficult to say they were strong and beautiful women. Delia has "cat eyes" because they were green, yet cats mainly have yellow eyes and what is the point really? Women are people not a "blonde".
No wonder Nora Roberts liked this novel. ( )
  bhowell | Apr 30, 2011 |
Awful.
  picardyrose | Dec 15, 2009 |
I really enjoyed this book. The story was engaging and believable and I loved the inclusion of well-known historical figures. I appreciate when an author goes to the trouble to build the story around actual historical events and figures and provides a learning experience for the reader as well as an enjoyable read. This is the first of three novels by Rebecca Dean and I am looking forward to reading the next two. ( )
  Neverwithoutabook | Dec 10, 2009 |
The first rays of the rising sun filtered through the half-open shutters of the vast bedroom.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Margaret Pemberton's book Palace Circle was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,765,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible