Strange Brew by P. N. Elrod

English (41)  French (1)  All languages (42)
Thoroughly enjoyed the stories by Patrica Briggs, Jim Butcher, Karen Chance, Faith Hunter and Rachel Caine. In fact that was the reading order. Patricia's, Jim's, and Karen's stories were all within the worlds they've built in their series. Patricia's and Karen's are not main character story lines, but could easily become ones. I have to check to see if my library has gotten Faith's new book that features one of the characters in her short story as the main person. The three of the other authors are known but I haven't gotten interested in their series so skipped their stories. One was a total unknown for me - Jenna MacLaine, and hers was a historical so totally skipped. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Another wonderful and engaging collection of paranormal short stories....

Authors include: P.N. Elrod (ed), Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Patricia Briggs, Rachel Caine, Karen Chance, Faith Hunter, Caitlin Kitteridge, and Jenna Maclaine.

The stories mostly revolved around witches, justice & revenge for wrong doings: Bacon by Harris was funny.

Dark Sins & Signatures of the Dead were a tad too violent/brutal for my tastes, but engaging none-the-less.

Seeing Eye was fascinating.

Hectate's Golden Eye was sleight of hand.
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
An anthology containing several urban fantasy stories. I thought Jim Butcher's Harrty Dresden story was great. Some fo the others were good and a few ere very badly written. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
All of the stories in this collection involve witches and there are many appearances by werewolves and vampires and other mystical creatures. I really liked all of the stories but my favorites were probably the first tale Seeing Eye, Last Call, a Jim Butcher story, and the final tale Dark Sins. The stories are all paranormal mysteries and some of them are pretty funny as well. I find myself wanting these stories to be continued because the characters were so appealing. I am thinking about finding the full length novels written by the books and giving them a shot. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Bark, MimiCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Emmett, BruceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The doorbell rang.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

These stories are works of fiction. All of the characters, organizations, and events portrayed in each story are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication data are included.

First edition: July 2009

The printing line reads 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

In this bewitching collection, nine of today's hottest paranormal authors spin otherworldly tales featuring witches and dark magic.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,179,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible