Charlie's Monument by Blaine M. Yorgason

Charlie's Monument

by Blaine M. Yorgason

I've read this book many times. It always reminds me that even though life gets hard you can get through it. ( )
  djchase | May 4, 2016 |
Basically, Charlie's Monument is a cairn built at great personal sacrifice. I remember really liking the book when I read it 20 years ago. ( )
  evamat72 | Mar 31, 2016 |
This is a simple little story, but I was pleased to see that I enjoyed it as much this time around as I did when I read it as a young person. It takes a great deal of character to do with one's life what Charlie did with his. The message of this book is a lot different than the message the world gives us today. In today's world, there would be no forgiveness of unkindness - just lots of demands for equal and fair. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Oct 19, 2011 |
Substance: More of a parable than a story, since the elements are selected for maximum bathos.
Style: Fanciful type used to set off narrative and dialog
Moral of the story: everyone is important and if you want to be remembered, make your own monument; however, a large monument can be constructed one rock (action) at a time over a lot of years.. ( )
  librisissimo | Jan 19, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,373,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible