Enough Rope by Dorothy Parker

Enough Rope (1926)

by Dorothy Parker

Much sadder than I had anticipated. There are some very clever gems in here. One, called "Men", I thought could just as easily be called "Women". Well said though either way. This contains "Resume" and some other old standbys. There were a lot on lost love. The second part was lighter than the first. ( )
  njcur | Feb 5, 2016 |
Poems, some in fixed forms (e.g. Ballade at Thirty-Five, Roundel (passing fair --grade D-) . often very short quatrains etc, almost always slightly acidic, some witty, others merely sad, often about unhappy love. When young, I wrote a reply to "song of One of theGrls, tyng to match all her references e.g. "Here I my heart I am Helen... with "Here in my heart I am Hector... ( )
  antiquary | Nov 6, 2013 |
Parker's first poetry collection. Contains the very well known "News Item" (Men don't make passes/ At girls who wear glasses). ( )
  andersonden | Dec 25, 2008 |
great modern poetry, best read with a bottle of red. ( )
  elizabethn | Jul 19, 2006 |
Lilacs blossom just as sweet / Now my heart is shattered.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,148,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible