Vendetta by Ed Gorman

Vendetta

by Ed Gorman

821,035,133 (4)None

I typically don’t read Westerns, but Ed Gorman was able to weave a really enjoyable tale.
Vendetta, set in the Old West, stars Father Pete, whose best friend is released from jail. Upon his release, he is killed trying to get revenge on Tom Radigan, the man who was responsible for him being in prison. Now the man’s daughter, Joan Greaves, is taking over where her father left off. This is an intricately weaved story with many different subplots. The action leads up to a bank robbery with the various parties involved.

This is the first novel I’ve read by Ed Gorman, so I had no frame of reference to start with. I was pleasantly surprised at the skill that Gorman was able to use in creating a tight plot with strong characters. The story is filled with intrigue, and had me hooked in to the end. Even if you are not into Westerns, this is a novel worth reading.

Carl Alves – author of Blood Street ( )
  Carl_Alves | Oct 16, 2014 |
I don't enjoy reading westerns. I generally rate them up there with regency romances. But Ed Gorman is an author that could write the back of a cereal box and I'd read it. Whether SF, Horror, Suspense, Erotica or Westerns he knows how to write! This is his latest and one of his best to date. Even if you've never read a western, read this one.
  travelinlibrarian | Mar 28, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425183645, Mass Market Paperback)

Father Pete Madsen is a man torn by conscience. Ever since the Civil War, he has devoted his life to the church in an attempt to do penance for his bloody deeds of heroism-with his faith as his only weapon against the evils of the world.

That faith is tested when his best friend is killed, and the murdered man's daughter seeks vengeance on her own.

Now, Father Pete will have to put aside the cloth, his faith, and his conscience to save her-at the risk of his life...and his soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:00 -0400)

Father Pete Madsen seeks to salve a conscience torn by his bloody Civil War deeds. Faith is his weapon for fighting back.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,155,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible