Breakneck by Erica Spindler

Breakneck (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Erica Spindler

Member:EricaSpindler
Title:Breakneck
Authors:Erica Spindler
Info:St. Martin's Press (2008), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages

Breakneck by Erica Spindler (2008)

a page turner ( )
  katcoviello | Sep 21, 2016 |
This was an enjoyable, fast-paced crime thriller with lots of twists and turns. I really liked MC and Kit, and as the body count climbed to eight I was struggling to decide who the killer was. This was the first book I've read by Erica Spindler, but I will certainly be looking for other books written by her. Extremely entertaining. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book, the plot was good and suspenceful, and surprising. A must read for those needing a thrilling suspense novel! ( )
  TriciaDM | Jul 14, 2011 |
It seems like M.C. (Mary Catherine) finally has it all. A job she loves, a great partner and a boyfriend. All that changes in an instant and her world is suddenly turned upside down and those close to her are in danger. M.C. must solve this crime before anyone else gets hurt. Great book! ( )
  abcarroll | Jun 15, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
First book I've read by this author, whom I had not heard of until I won it through LT's Early Reviewer program. At that point I was primarily reading historicals, but during the last year I've moved toward contemporary "romantic suspense" and "chic lit." I ran into the audio version at the Library and decided to give it a "read," which I often do if I'm uncertain about content or author.
The story was a little slow and uninteresting at the beginning, but once beyond the "Dan" plot turn, it became intriguing. I'd decided who "Breakneck" was several times, but other than considering the actual person once, because I was running out of possibilities, I really didn't guess it was that person. The story was interesting and the content was current. If not for the slow beginning and a saturated use of the words "pard'ner" and "M.C.", this book would be a 4 - 4.5 story for me.
I'll be looking at other titles written by Ms. Spindler.
Thanks for the Review Copy! While I didn't read it when received, seeing it on my bookshelf definitely led me to (eventually) discover a new author, and a new list of books to read. ( )
  Conkie | Mar 20, 2011 |
To Nathan with love
The kid's eyes snapped open.

A remorseless killer. A string of innocent, clean-cut victims. Detectives M.C. Riggio and Kitt Lundgren must race against a cold-blooded predator who moves at breakneck speed in this heart-pounding thriller from New York Times bestselling author Erica Spindler.

Hot on the heels of their last case, partners Mary Catherine (M.C.) Riggio and Kitt Lundgren, detectives in the police department's Violent Crimes Bureau in industrial, blue-collar Rockford, Illinois, are called out to a college student’s apartment where a young man with no criminal record, not even a noise complaint from his neighbors, appears to have been murdered in his sleep.

The trail seems cold, until another victim turns up, and then another… each one striking closer to home for M.C. The growing list of seemingly emotionless kills leaves M.C. and Kitt little to follow—like the first victim, all the targets are young adults, kid-next-door types who’ve never taken a step outside the law. Meanwhile, the case starts to take its toll on M.C.’s personal life, setting her on edge with her partner and putting their hard-earned friendship in jeopardy. As M.C. and Kitt hunt a faceless killer, they are led deep into the cyberuniverse, where no one is who he seems and you never know who's watching.  At the heart of this mesmerizing thriller is the relationship between two headstrong women as they struggle to balance their dual roles, to learn to trust, and to walk the fine line between upholding the law—and taking it into their own hands.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:36 -0400)

Pursuing a string of senseless murders of clean-cut young adults, detectives M.C. Riggio and Kitt Lundgren find the investigation shattered by M.C.'s fiance's murder, which strains M.C.'s relationship with Kitt and brings the fianc's true nature into question.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Erica Spindler's book Breakneck was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Erica Spindler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,404,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible