Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of…

Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

by Better Homes and Gardens

320534,663 (3.64)1

Not so much for the experienced cook. So many of the recipes are variations on soup and stew, and those of us who know our way around the kitchen already know that you don't need a recipe for those. For a heck of a lot of 'em you don't even need a slow cooker as you're going to be browning the meat and adding the veges and sauce ingredients at different times, so it'd be easier to use a dutch oven.

On the other hand, it's not for a novice, as there are no overall or chapter notes, no guidelines or appendices.

But I do have to admit there are some recipes I'm going to use as inspiration (that is to say, I'll try them, but make adaptations for my family's taste and for my pantry). So, if your library has this or you see it in a thrift store, sure, pick it up.

Slow cookers are terrific tools for hot summers, as they don't heat up the kitchen but still can help us create a satisfying dinner.

**Ham and Salsa Soup w/ Lime
**Sweet 'n' Snappy Beef Stew
**Panama Pork Stew (includes my beloved sweet potatoes)
**Scandinavian Fruit Soup (well, I'm of Scandinavian heritage)
Pork Chops w/ Spiced Fruit (to use up Costco size bags of dried fruit)
**Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls (reserve leaves, shred the rest to layer on the bottom of the cooker - this recipe is vegetarian)
**Creamy Ranch Potatoes (adapted, it's only three ingredients, and could mean that we could enjoy potatoes even in the summer)

Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This is the best slow cooker cookbook I have! ( )
  JudiY | May 15, 2010 |
GIVEN TO STEPHEN AND AMY .
  timmer51 | Feb 26, 2010 |
A huge cookbook with many different kinds of recipes from appetizers to soups to main courses and desserts. Each recipe is on its own page, leaving room in the margins for your own notes. Includes a good index. ( )
  drj | Oct 8, 2008 |
I love cooking in my crock pot, and I love this cookbook. ( )
  lesleydawn | Dec 18, 2006 |

Great value-hundreds of tested and perfected recipes, informative tips, plus two bonus chapters-all-in-one economical resource for time-crunched cooks from the brand they know and trust. Recipes for appetizers, beverages, soups, stews, main dishes, and desserts. 416 pages-about one recipe per page-makes this the largest book of its kind. Bonus chapters offer 5-ingredient recipes and one-dish meals. Plenty of timesaving tips and advice for smoother meal prep.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:43 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible