Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for…

Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery (1987)

by Don Richard Riso, Russ Hudson

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All (4)
Sometimes I get skeptical reactions from people when I tell them I like reading about personality types, as if I were talking about astrological signs. Fair enough... but these same people often talk about introvert/extrovert, or thinker/feeler, or leader/follower, so the belief in personality traits is there, though not organized. The enneagram organizes personality traits. Take the bits that seem true to you, and find it easier to understand people. ( )
  foxwrapped | Sep 30, 2008 |
personality, Enneagram
  dustuck | Apr 29, 2007 |

Don Richard Risoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hudson, Russmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I am a man: nothing human is alien to me. -- Terence
This book is dedicated to whose who made it possible. They know who they are. They have my love and deepest gratitude.
Preface -- If there is one single overriding theme in my interpretation of the Enneagram, it is the need to acknowledge and understand our inner states so that we can begin to move beyond them.

" The Enneagram is an extraordinary framework for understanding more about ourselves. No matter from which point of view we approach it, we discover fresh conjunctions of new and old ideas." So writes Don Riso in this expanded edition of his classic interpretation of the Enneagram, the ancient psychological system used to understand the human personality. In addition to updating the descriptions of the nine personality types, Personality Types, Revised greatly expands the accompanying guidelines and, for the first time, uncovers the Core Dynamics, or Levels of Development, within each type. This skeletal system provides far more information about the inner tension and movements of the nine personalities than has previously been published. This increased specificity will allow therapists, social workers, personnel managers, students of the Enneagram, and general readers alike to use it with much greater precision as they unlock the secrets of self-understanding, and thus self-transformation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:20 -0400)

"The Ennegram is an extraordinary framework for understanding more about ourselves. No matter from which point of view we approach ourselves. No matter from which point of view we approach it, we discover fresh conjunctions of new and old ideas."--Don Risco.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible