Dark Futures by Russell Blackford
191537,190 (2.17)3

I enjoyed this, as I enjoy almost all Terminator related novels. However, since it is taking place pretty much at the same time as [b:T2: Infiltrator|616783|T2 Infiltrator|S.M. Stirling|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1340629786s/616783.jpg|3218759], I couldn't help but compare the two.

T2 is pretty linear and straightline, NJCC deals with 2 different universes, going at different speeds. In this trilogy, the author goes with the theory that time can't be changed and any changes are simply a new universe splitting off. Not much techno-babble, just some straight forward exposition.

I had a really hard time keeping track of where and when I was reading about. And Enhanced Humans?, Skynet just needed to wait and we would have become it. There was no need for Judgement Day in that universe.

This is a darker outlook with Sarah giving in to despair several times. They realize that no matter what they do, Judgement Day is going to happen and Skynet is going to exist, Period. A Historical, albeit Future, Imperative that cannot be denied.

I am looking forward to the next 2 books, just not as much as I was for the T2 series...
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743445112, Mass Market Paperback)

Following the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Sarah Connor and her son, John, had thought they'd been able to alter the timeline so that neither the artificially intelligent satellite SkyNet nor its Terminator killing machines would ever be created. But if they were so successful, why, then, are they now being hunted by yet another Terminator that's traveled back in time to ensure that John never grows up to be the charismatic leader of the few humans who survived Judgment Day? Told from the perspective of John himself, this first volume of The John Connor Chronicles provides insight to the thoughts and fears of a teenager who already knows what Fate has in store for him-and the burdens he has to bear along the path he must travel to become humanity's future savior.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:29 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible