Trial by Fire (Joseph Antonelli) by D. W.…

Trial by Fire (Joseph Antonelli)

by D. W. Buffa

Like many of the great lone-wolf characters, Joseph Antonelli has become an individual about whom we want to learn more, and hear more. Just as we struggle with the personal charms and failings of Harry Bosch or Adam Dalgliesh or Dismas Hardy or Guido Brunetti, we come to believe in them, their fallibilities and their small victories.

D.W. Buffa has created a character that endures, and draws the reader to his next book. And like the best dramas, whether profound or merely popular, the surrounding characters are also alive and thoroughly interesting in their own right. Whether it is the inventive quirks of his judges, or the contemporary take on talk show hosts and media types, Buffa creates a compelling story.

In Trial By Fire, he adds a media mogul who deserves our concern, a love for Australia and Berkelely that comes through loud and clear, and a plot twist that makes you glad you read his well-constructed story. I can't wait to see what Antonelli is doing next! ( )
  dmacsfo | Feb 12, 2013 |
". . . but Antonelli I was myself." Nietzsche
To Ramona Wood
Albert Craven, the last of the original partners who, nearly a half century earlier, had founded the firm, walked into my office to announce that I had once again been the source of endless trouble and another sleepless night.

Attorney Joseph Antonelli finds that murder can be a very public affair-in this moody and scintillating novel of love, loyalty, and revenge in the Edgar Award-nominated series.

Joseph Antonelli's never lost a case he should have won. . . until now.

Julian Sinclair is a brilliant young man-already a law professor at Berkeley and a respected scholar-yet, bored with academic life, he joins the famed defense attorney Joseph Antonelli in private practice. But Sinclair is also a man with powerful emotions he keeps in check. When the beautiful Daphne McMillan, a married district attorney, is murdered, Sinclair is accused of killing her in a fit of jealous rage. Antonelli believes beyond a doubt that this simply isn't possible. Yet Daphne's widowed husband, a man of wealth and privilege, and a master of manipulation, thinks he can sink both this idealistic defendant and the cool Antonelli with one fell swoop.

Is Joseph Antonelli in danger of losing more than the case when he baits the real killer to come out of hiding? And when the case is decided and a man is sent to prison, how is Antonelli to know that the real mysteries of the murder are just beginning to be revealed? And that the person no one suspects is the very person even Antonelli should fear the most?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:51 -0400)

Mystery. When his law partner, Julian Sinclair, is accused of killing beautiful Daphne McMillan, a married district attorney, in a fit of jealous rage, Joseph Antonelli faces the most difficult case of his career as he takes on both Daphne's powerful and manipulative widowed husband and the real killer to uncover the truth. By the author of Breach of Trust.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,256,778 books! | Top bar: Always visible