The heritage of Lancaster County trilogy by…

The heritage of Lancaster County trilogy

Authors:Beverly Lewis
Info:: Bethany House Pub.,
Collections:Fiction-Inspirational
Tags:HB

The Shunning/The Confession/The Reckoning (The Heritage of Lancaster County 1-3) by Beverly Lewis

1. The Covenant/The Betrayal/The Sacrifice/The Prodigal/The Revelation (Abram's Daughters 1-5) by Beverly Lewis (2005)
  2. The Postcard/The Crossroads/Sanctuary (Amish Country Crossroads 1-3) by Beverly Lewis (2005)
  3. Summerhill Secrets, Volume 2: House of Secrets/Echoes in the Wind/Hide Behind the Moon/Windows on the Hill/Shadows Beyond the Gate (Summerhill Secrets 6-10) by Beverly Lewis (2006)
  4. Daughters of Lancaster County (The Storekeeper's Daughter / The Quilter's Daughter / The Bishop's Daughter) by Wanda E. Brunstetter (2005)
  5. Plain and Fancy by Wanda E. Brunstetter (2002)
  1. They Called Her Mrs. Doc by Janette Oke (1992)
  2. When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall (2008)
  3. Sweetbriar by Brenda Wilbee (1983)
  4. Beginnings by Kim Vogel Sawyer (2007)
  5. Secrets of the Heart by Al Lacy (1998)

I really, really enjoy Beverly Lewis' books, and this was her first series. Thus, I wasn't surprised that I didn't like it quite as well as I did the Annie's People series. Still, I did mostly enjoy the trilogy. The first book took a little bit to get going, and then held my interest. The second book I didn't really enjoy, I have to admit, but the third and final book I did like. Overall, I didn't identify with our heroine, Katie, as much as I would have liked. Her attitude toward her parents and her community really made her unsympathetic to me. I know we were supposed to feel sorry for her, but honestly, I didn't :) That being said, I do think the author resolved this at the end of the third book, and I enjoyed the ending very much. These are worth a read, but her subsequent books are definitely better. ( )
  CatholicLibrarian | May 21, 2009 |
I have The Shunning, tbr pile. I really enjoy Lewis books!
  NWADEL | Sep 18, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764203037, Hardcover)

HERITAGE OF LANCASTER COUNTY Journey into the fascinating world of the Amish with the three-part story of a young woman who must face her past in order to discover her future. The Shunning Katie Lapp, a young Amish woman, lives a quiet life in Hickory Hollow, Pennsylvania, but after one visit to the attic, her world begins to crumble. The Confession With her identity shattered, Katie sets out on a journey of discovery that will take her into a world she’s never known. The Reckoning Katie is living the life she used to dream about, but her heart yearns for her Amish friends and the love she left behind.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:57 -0400)

Lewis's most popular series reveals the closed world of an Amish community. Now in a special 3-in-1 value edition. In The Shunning, Katie Lapp stumbles upon a satin infant gown in the dusty leather trunk of her parents' attic and determines to discover the story behind it. Why would her mother, a Plain woman who embraces the ways of the Old Order, hide such a beautiful worldly gown? In The Confession, Katie is now torn from her close-knit community in the frightening ordeal known as shunning, and she sets out on a journey of discovery. In The Reckoning, Katie--now known as Katherine--is living the "fancy" life she always dreamed of. Yet she still grieves the loss of her Amish family and longs for the peace that reigned in her mother's heart.… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible