Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever!…

Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Books 1-4)

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (Omnibus 1-4)

From School Library Journal

This recording gives the full flavor of Barbara Park's delightful character, Junie B. The recording includes Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (Random, 1992), Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Random, 1993), Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Random, 1993), and Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Random, 1994).These stories take us inside the kindergartner's mind as we get to know the fears, frustrations and reasoning of an "almost 6" year old. Lana Quintal's narration is outstanding, and her voice is perfect as the sassy Junie B. Listeners are always aware which character is speaking by the seemingly effortless changes in modulation that Quintal uses. The Junie B. Jones series is wildly popular with the first through third grade set. This recorded book will delight students, and could be used to good advantage as a read-along for new or struggling readers. The quality of this recording is outstanding, and Quintal's narration provides sufficient interest to hold listeners attention to the end. An important addition to elementary school and public libraries serving the needs of emerging readers.
Jackie Ives, Corinth Elementary School, Shawnee Mission, KS
  MBacon | Nov 19, 2017 |
This is another book that I did not read until I arrived in Lit Block. It is a classic that I did not experience until I got older. I did like reading a few of her books. This is another book I would incorporate in the classroom as a book to read when they get done with classwork. ( )
  KayMilshell21 | Nov 15, 2017 |
to be adventurous and try new things and don't be afraid to be yourself
  aaj018 | Nov 8, 2017 |
These books have been around for a very long time and tell the story of a young girl, named Junie B. Jones who tells the events of her life in elementary school and everything she goes through and deals with in first person. This book would be good to have children read because it a chapter book and a series which can strengthen their reading levels and fluency. These books can also be enjoyable for students since most of it is set in a classroom and in the life of a girl their age who goes through realistic issues and events that they can relate to. This book also uses a lot of humor that children will enjoy. I think children would really enjoy reading these stories because they have a distinct voice and the character of Junie B. Jones seems to come to life is someone in a story that they can relate to. ( )
  sspjut | Oct 5, 2017 |
I love living in Junie's world. I think the author does an a,asking job of creating a voice for Junie and properly expressing her interactions with the world. She's forming her own identity. She's I'm school for the first time and she's adjusting similarly to a lot of girls her age. As a young girl I would get lost in the stories because they were relatable. As an adult I'm lost in the story because I'm allowed back into that world and its beautiful. ( )
  shakiah | Jun 18, 2017 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375813616, Paperback)

Outrageously sassy Junie B. Jones will make young kids crave their daily dose of reading. And with this handy four-volume boxed set, whether they start with Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying or Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth, readers will laugh out loud at Junie B.'s hilarious mishaps and breathtakingly horrible grammar. Although the books should come with a caveat--Kids, don't try this syntax at home!--alert parents and teachers can use her malapropisms as learning opportunities for their impressionable charges. The set contains the first four titles in Barbara Park's extensive series (energetically illustrated by Denise Brunkus), including Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business and Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus. All are great for reading aloud. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:04 -0400)

Presents four stories about spunky kindergartener Junie B. Jones, in which she struggles with "meanies" on the bus, gets in trouble for boasting, spies on her teacher, and misunderstands when her grandmother calls her baby brother a monkey.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,983,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible