The Stickmen by Edward Lee

The Stickmen (1999)

by Edward Lee

I will admit, I was kind of immediately interested in not only the title, but the cover of this e-book peaked my curiosity as well. Having only ever read Ed Lee's Teratologis, I also went in to this book with caution, as that was ....well.....just crazy.

This book centers on a few interesting storylines and characters. You have a "crackpot" conspiracy writer, your high level government officials, and a young boy who has nightmares and headaches, and sees what he calls the stickmen. The conspiracies touch on everything from cover up, to alien abductions, to UFO crash sites.

Who is truly the crazy person? At what extent will the government go to protect secrets from the general public? How will 8 year old Danny deal with the Stickmen?

This e-book kept me wanting to know what happens next. It is a fast paced read, and a very good sci-fi - UFO/govt cover up type of story.

However..... and this is kind of a big issue - the formatting and proof-reading of the e-book format had many errors. Line spacing, repeating or omition of words, made this hard to read at times.

My rating is based on the story, not the formatting, as this was a very enjoyable read.

4/5 ( )
  TJCams | Jun 6, 2013 |
For
Houston S. Seymour (R.I.P.)

Though in debt to many, I would like to thank Eunice Seymour, Fred Seymour, Dorin Syemour, Tim McGinnis, Rich Chizmer, Matt Johnson, Jeff Gilbert, Glen Boyd, and Erik Wilson for their steadfast support.
Be all that you can be, Emery thought.

Welcome to the realm of The Stickmen, one of the most relentless thrillers yet in this age of government subterfuge, disinformation, and conspiracies within conspiracies. UFO buffs, X-Files junkies, and military-tech fans alike will devour this meticulously detailed and blazingly paced millennial thriller that doesn't let go until the final page is turned.… (more)

Cemetery Dance

An edition of this book was published by Cemetery Dance.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible