And I Thought I Was Crazy! Quirks,…

And I Thought I Was Crazy! Quirks, Idiosyncrasies and Meshugaas

by Judy Reiser

•Do you refuse to take the top newspaper on a stack (even if perfect)?
•Insist that the toilet paper hang "over"?
•Wait for the phone to ring at least twice before answering?
•Keep returning to the refrigerator hoping that something new to eat has materialized?

Everyone has at least one oddity in his or her daily way of life. In this follow-up to her succesful And I Thought I Was Crazy!, Judy Reiser offers up more outrageous, outlandish and downright ridiculous eccentricities exhibited (and confessed to) by otherwise normal people. From hilarious bathroom behavior, funny money routines, and unconventional clothing habits to eating and sleeping peculiarities, germ-a-phobia, and more, Reiser documents the zany traits that make us who we are.

Just what extremes do people go to in their everyday activities?

•Flipping through a magazine at a newsstand then reaching for a fresh copy to buy because the one they were flipping through is no longer new.
•Eating the most expensive part of a meal first, just in case they can’t finish everything.
•Ironing the newspaper before reading it to protect themselves against germs.
•Counting while urinating and trying to end on an even number.
•Wearing T-shirts an equal number of times so none of them will get offended.

You will laugh while gaining insight into yourself and others!
People do the darndest things!
http://www.judyreiser.com ( )
  jreiser | Feb 4, 2011 |
"Quirks cut across the boundaries of sex, income, race and marital status. Everybody has them. Reiser got grown people to think about it, and to tell her about it."
added by jreiser | editThe Washington Post

"To give her fellow Americans the feeling that they're not alone, as well as a chance to chortle or smirk at others' idiosyncrasies, Judy Reiser has collected some gem-like examples."
added by jreiser | editThe New York Times Book Review

"A hilarious collection of odd behaviors that are surprisingly endemic among humankind. Intended for mirth and amusement, yet at the same time absolutely true, Admit It, You're Crazy! and And I Thought I Was Crazy! cheerfully embrace the bizarre little mannerisms and habits that help us cope."
added by jreiser | editMidwest Book Review

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0970761902, Paperback)

Do you refuse to take the top newspaper on a stack (even if it's perfect)? Insist that the toilet paper hang "over"? Wait for the phone to ring at least twice before answering? You’re not alone. Laugh and gasp at classic and unconventional quirks and idiosyncrasies revealed about food, money, sports, bathroom, clothing, sleep, germs and more. People do the darndest things!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:41 -0400)

Do you refuse to take the top newspaper on a stack (even if perfect)? Insist that the toilet paper hang "over"? Wait for the phone to ring at least twice before answering? Keep returning to the refrigerator hoping that something new to eat has materialized? Outrageous, outlandish and downright ridiculous eccentricities exhibited (and confessed to) by otherwise normal people. From hilarious bathroom behavior, funny money routines, and unconventional clothing habits to eating and sleeping peculiarities, germ-a-phobia, and more. Everyone has at least one oddity in his or her daily way of life. Reiser documents the zany traits that make us who we are. Just what extremes do people go to in their everyday activities? Flipping through a magazine at a newsstand then reaching for a fresh copy to buy because the one they were flipping through is no longer new. Enumerating (1, 2, 3...) while urinating and trying to end their peeing on an even number. Eating the most expensive part of a meal first, just in case they can't finish everything. Ironing the newspaper before reading it to protect themselves against germs. Wearing T-shirts an equal number of times so none of them will get offended. You will laugh while gaining insight into yourself and others! People do the darndest things!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible