Saving the World at Work: What Companies and Individuals Can Do to Go…

by Tim Sanders

In Saving the World at Work, Tim Sanders offers concrete suggestions on how all of us can help our companies join the Responsibility Revolution. Drawing on extensive interviews with hundreds of employees and CEOs, and illuminated by countless stories of people who are making a difference in the workplace and in the world, Sanders offers practical advice every individual and company can use to make the world a better place--now and in the future.… (more)

The first half of this book was hard to get through. That part is trying to sell you on the idea of companies doing more than just making a profit. So if you're already convinced of the value of such a company, I'd say skip the first half.

I much preferred the second half because it got more practical. In particular, the chapter on how to influence change in your company was a great overview that I think I'll keep around for reference.

The second half also has a few chapters with ideas for changes you can make at your company. It's a little overwhelming unless you keep reminding yourself that every suggestion isn't going to work at every place. So I tried to focus on finding one good idea per chapter to take away as a starting point. ( )
  kellyholmes | Sep 5, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,824,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible