Indigo by Beverly Jenkins

Looking to expand my romance reading beyond the narrow offerings when I was a teen, I found Beverly Jenkins name on many lists. And now I know why. She does a marvelous job of combining romance with real history, in a way that meets all the conventions of romance and also deals realistically and seriously with the Underground Railroad. Great stuff. I'll be reading more of her. And I'm always looking for more non-white characters, so if you have suggestions, I'll welcome them.

Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 17, 2016 |
Indigo is epic novel, a story about passion, love, hope, fear, faith, deception and friends during one of the darkest times in U.S. history. This is a book that touched my soul on many levels.I find myself at a loss on how to come up with a review worthy of Indigo. My feelings about this book are beyond strong. Indigo has touched me on such a deep level that I am going to be telling everyone I know they should read it.Have you ever read a book that touches you so deeply you think about it for days? Have you ever felt yourself literally falling in love with the hero and heroine as you read the book? Have you ever read a book that you didn't want to end? Indigo is one of those books for me.To view my entire review please visithttp://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com/2012/01/didis-review-indigo-by-beverly-jenkins.html#more ( )
  guiltypleasures | Jan 23, 2012 |
  guiltypleasures | Jan 22, 2012 |
Indigo was and still is one of my favorite romance novels. It has accurate history, a bold handsome hero, a smart sassy heroine and other characters that add depth and dimension. Galen is determined to have Hester and he woos her in grand fashion. Galen is totured by his desire as well as taunted by his best friend Raymond. Galen does not have a problem following his own path and he has no qualms with upsetting those in his social class especially his grandmother who tries to control everyone. There are scenes in this book that will make you laugh, make you think and make you thankful for all those who sacrificed on behalf of country, class and race. In my opinion, this is Beverly Jenkins' finest literary work. ( )
  vtlucania | Sep 12, 2011 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0595002021, Paperback)

Hester Wyatt is a free black woman who harbors runaway slaves. Freedom fighter Black Daniel lands badly beaten on her doorstep. Hester finds herself attracted to the arrogant man. Their time together proves short and his goodbye causes her heartache. But not for long. He returns as Galen Vachon, a wealthy man accustomed to getting what he wants, and he loves and wants Hester. He showers her with gifts and attention, but his elite status means he can never marry her. She was once a slave, her stained indigo hands proof of her lowly status. When a slave catcher threatens them both, the Black Daniel comes to her rescue and forever captures her heart. A love story you won't want to miss; it touches the heart and soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:36 -0400)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,083,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible