The Comet's Curse: A Galahad Book by…

The Comet's Curse: A Galahad Book

by Dom Testa

Series: Galahad (1)

The Web of Titan: A Galahad Book by Dom Testa (skstiles612)
    skstiles612: This is the continuation of the Galahad series and is great if you like science fiction and the unknown

Enjoyed this! Though it felt more like just the start of a story. But I am a big fan of "teens in space" (see also EARTHSEED and the EARTH STAR VOYAGER tv show) and this fit that bill admirably. Nice to see a diverse cast of characters too!

I look forward to reading more in the series.
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
I loved the adventure and action.it was cool how they stiched the story of every chapter from the past and then to the present.The Roc was funnny:) ( )
  tanya.pappas | Aug 12, 2013 |
Eh. I liked the premise more than anything else about this book - a worldwide meteor-borne virus attacks adults so they send 251 teenagers (16 and under) into space to colonize (oops, was I supposed to notice that?) some other planet and "save the human race." Again I have to wonder why every single YA science fiction book has to have a straight romance tacked on. I mean, I don't have to wonder; I just have to read Publishers Weekly; that's what publishing houses are buying I guess. Wait! I also liked that the teen captain of the ship was a girl. That was pretty cool. And that the publishing house had the good sense to show a character of color on the jacket. There are going to be sequels, and I might consider reading them, if only because I like an ensemble cast of characters on an adventure. But I might not, because I dislike cheesy villians (as I imagine many actually-young adults also do). ( )
  anderlawlor | Apr 9, 2013 |
100 pages in and I just feel no drive to complete The Comet's Curse. I concede that the concept is neat, but something about the writing style and pace keeps me from feeling invested in the story or characters. ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765360772, Mass Market Paperback)

When the tail of the comet Bhaktul flicks through the Earth’s atmosphere, deadly particles are left in its wake. Suddenly, mankind is confronted with a virus that devastates the adult population. Only those under the age of eighteen seem to be immune. Desperate to save humanity, a renowned scientist proposes a bold plan: to create a ship that will carry a crew of 251 teenagers to a home in a distant solar system. Two years later, the Galahad and its crew—none over the age of sixteen—is launched.

Two years of training have prepared the crew for the challenges of space travel. But soon after departing Earth, they discover that a saboteur is hiding on the Galahad! Faced with escalating acts of vandalism and terrorized by threatening messages, sixteen-year-old Triana Martell and her council soon realize that the stowaway will do anything to ensure that the Galahad never reaches its destination. The teens must find a way to neutralize their enemy. For if their mission fails, it will mean the end of the human race….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:34 -0400)

Desperate to save the human race after a comet's deadly particles devastate the adult population, scientists create a ship that will carry a crew of 251 teenagers to a home in a distant solar system.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,393,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible