Harriet's Recital (Nancy Carlson's…

Harriet's Recital (Nancy Carlson's Neighborhood)

by Nancy L. Carlson

Harriet's recital is a good book to introduce the topic of fear and overcoming it. I think children will like this book because they can relate to it. The grade level for this book is k-2. ( )
  alexisjm01 | May 3, 2017 |
This one isn't as interesting as the others, very generic and cliche. Harriet is apparently the scared one of the group, always nervous and worried about something. Here it's the ballet recital, in the other book it was the roller coaster. I guess she's the nervous nilly of the group. She seems to always overcome her fears, of course, it IS an inspirational lesson for the kiddies at home. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Harriet loves dance but begins to get stage fright when her teacher announces the upcoming recital. She begins to picture everything that could go wrong but does great in the end.

I liked this book because I can relate to it. I was in dance my whole life and definitely remember getting stage fright when I was younger. I would use this book to teach how to overcome fear.

The age group I would use this for is ages 5-8. The theme is to trust that you can do something and you will overcome your fear.
  awanalex | Nov 13, 2013 |
Harriet overcomes her stage fright and dances successfully and proudly at her ballet recital.
  antimuzak | Apr 5, 2007 |
Harriet is very nervous for her recital, and has to be nearly pushed on stage. Once she starts dancing, however, she loves it and does beautifully. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Dec 31, 2006 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible