Terrorism: Inside a World Phenomenon

by Barry Davies

18None911,121 (4)1
"Terrorism: Inside a World Phenomenon is the first complete guide to a phenomenon that affects us all. Throughout this carefully researched, often shocking history, military and intelligence expert and decorated SAS veteran Barry Davies BEM exposes the true nature of modern terrorism, from its origins to the predicament we find ourselves in today. Terrorism, once epitomised by a few hijackers seizing an aircraft to highlight their grievance, has come of age in the twenty-first century. Yet who are these people? What is Al Qaeda and how does it work? Who funds the IRA? Why does ETA want its independence? How does HAMAS recruit its seemingly endless supply of suicide bombers? Can we hope to counter this multiplicity of terror which threatens our world?"--Book Jacket.… (more)

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,864,041 books! | Top bar: Always visible