Chasing Destiny by Eric Jerome Dickey

Chasing Destiny

by Eric Jerome Dickey

As always, EJD has provided an engaging and well-written story. This book was, plain and simple, fun to read. It's a very interesting story, but the way in which he weaves the various (peripheral) characters into a single plot is well-done. While he juggles a lot of characters, he gives them sufficient background for you to understand them and their motivations.

This is definitely worth your read. ( )
  lenabean84 | Jun 20, 2014 |
Could not find anything to read so picked this up. I enjoyed his writing and the story was excellent. A bit graphic and an unfamiliar side of LA. Not sure if all the stuff could have happened in just 2 days.
  shazjhb | Mar 10, 2010 |
This is my favorite book. I read it when i was in high school in one night. ( )
  smilz2010 | May 20, 2009 |
This novel was a nice departure from his previous novel "Genevieve," that I didn't favor. The overall plot of the book held my attention from the beginning to the end. However it had certain parts in it were the dialogue dragged on and it could have been edited and gotten more to the point. EJD does not soothe the writer and give them what they want, but instead, cleverly twists away from the norm creating a controversial tale. This book is similar to the movie "Crash", the movie that showed how several different lives crashed into one another over a day or two in Los Angeles by just a few degrees of separation! The creativity was in how he managed to link all of these people together.

I love the way he incorporates current events like Hurricane Katrina and characters from previous books into his current works of fiction. The main character reads the billboard that's asking for information on the murderer of Lisa Wolf you instantly get a flashback to his novel "Drive me Crazy".

The ending was a bit abrupt, but tied up nicely. This is certainly Dickey's redemption... he came back strong with "Chasing Destiny" and as always I look forward to more by him. ( )
  altima313 | Dec 30, 2007 |
455 pages, I really couldn't wait to finish the book, I had read it for my online bookclub. I won't likely read anything else by this author. ( )
  chaoscat60 | Nov 16, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219279, Paperback)

Billie is as notorious for her beauty as she is for the hot yellow Ducati motorcycle she rides down L.A.'s meanest streets. Tough and talented, she does things her way. Until an unplanned pregnancy spins her life out of control. Her problem: Her lover Keith's divorce decree has been revoked, forcing him to choose between Billie and his dangerously manipulative wife, Carmen, along with their troubled and deceptive daughter, Destiny, a fifteen-year-old dancing on the edge of womanhood. Horrific things happen when Keith's daughter disappears in the company of low friends in dark places. And in chasing Destiny, Billie, Keith, and Carmen find their lives inextricably linked by a dangerous and seductive pursuit-at any speed, at any cost.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:59 -0400)

Billie is known on the streets as much for her unusual beauty as for her sexy yellow Ducati motorcycle. She can handle just about anything she meets on the road - but this time she might be headed for a crash.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible