Every Seventh Wave by Daniel Glattauer

Every Seventh Wave (2010)

by Daniel Glattauer

321None34,481 (3.8)5

German (7)  English (6)  Spanish (6)  Catalan (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (25)
This was one of the delightful book I have ever read!! Initially I was a bit apprehensive to start this book, after reading ‘love virtually’ my expectation from the sequel was very high but I was not disappointed.. not even a bit . This was definitely a very apt sequel with a neat ending. Another thing which captured me was the prose which was very cleverly written by the author from both Emmi and Leo’s point of view. From the beginning till the end I enjoyed through out! ( )
  Versha.Bharat | Jul 12, 2013 |
Emmi y Leo, los protagonistas de 'Contra el viento del Norte' continuan su relacion epistolar en esta novela. Ambos personajes siguen cambiando durante la relacion, aunque siguen manteniendo el mismo sentido del humor que en la anterior. Una lectura divertida y muy ligera. ( )
  alalba | Sep 13, 2012 |
Alle sieben Wellen is the sequel to Gut gegen Nordwind [which has been translated to Love Virtually] by Daniel Glattauer.

Plot (with spoilers for Gut gegen Nordwind):
Gut gegen Nordwind ends with Leo ending the online relationship with Emmi by basically fleeing the country to the USA, after Emmi’s husband finds out about them. Nevertheless Emmi can’t stop thinking about him and continues to send mails to his now defunct address. But one day instead of a mail delivery failure message, she gets a reply from Leo, who is back in the country. And despite Emmi’s husband and Leo’s new girlfriend, Emmi asks that they finally meet in person.

I have to admit that this book is more inhaled than actually read – it takes only a couple of hours to finish (and I’m not a particularly fast reader). Which is actually a good thing because I don’t think I would have liked it as much had it gone on much longer. But it’s short and nice and altogether fine.

Read more on my blog: http://kalafudra.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/alle-sieben-wellen-all-seven-waves-dan... ( )
  kalafudra | Jan 10, 2012 |
Lectura light y completamente agradable para un fin de semana de invierno. ( )
  KymmAC | Feb 5, 2011 |
After having read the earlier Glattauer's novel I had been anxiously waiting for its sequel.
I got it only yesterday, late in the evening.
I finished it today.
Beware, because once you enter Emmi and Leo's world you'll be completely hooked, you won't be able to put the book down.
This might be seen and even reviewed as a trivial, page-turner, modern epistolary love story. Only another of those fresh-and-easy-reading books to take away with you for a short holiday. Don't be fooled.
If you read between the lines, if you bother to look deeper, it can almost reach the level of pure philosophy. This story is about all of us. It COULD be any of us.
Emmi and Leo are two lost people who think they are contented with their lives until they "meet virtually" by accident. A silly mistake. The connection begins. Game is on.
Only through their mails we witness the full development of an intimate and complex relationship, we spy on two bare souls exposed to each other, their hidden wishes, their fears, their regrets, their dreams are shown to us without restraint. And I felt so identified with so many of their longings (...)
I'm still surfing on the seventh wave, in a sea full of illusion, ideals and "it's-not-impossible-to-have-it-alls".

Some great quotations from the book:

" Each syllable has your eyes in it"

"If you are sober, drink.
If you feel quiet, speak.
If you are bewildered, ask me.
That's why you've got your diary"

" Why I never let go of you? Because I can't lose and I don't want to. Because I don't want to lose you".

" There's some who live the lack of wind as an inner peace. There's some who live it as a perpetual paralysis".

"Until now, only with words, we have reached everywhere".

"Write to me, Emmi. Writing is like kissing, but without lips. Writing is giving kisses of thoughts".

A sequel that didn't deceive. Don't miss it.
I still believe in magic !!! ( )
  Luli81 | Nov 13, 2010 |

Has the (non-series) prequel

Drei Wochen später
Betreff: Hallo
Hallo.

"In this sequel to Contra el viento del norte, nearly a year has passed since Emmi and Leo fell madly in love through email when Leo returns to Boston to find news of her. Both recognize their feelings for each other haven't changed and consider meeting in person for the first time. But Leo has just started a new relationship and Emmi is still married. Leo and Emmi show us all that after the sixth wave breaks against the shore, a seventh wave always comes, this one, full of surprises." -- borders.com… (more)

22 wanted6 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,440,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible