Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Britain's Rare Flowers
by Peter Marren
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 085661114X, Hardcover)Natural historians and botanists have always been fascinated by rare plants and plant hunters have gone out of their way to find them. Today, and in the past, rareness has been related to special habitats and to man's attraction to the environment. In these days of growing concern about nature conservation it becomes an even more important issue.
Peter Marren writes engagingly about the plants, their habitats and the human and biological stories involved. Sponsored by Plant Life, this book is both an education and a delight.
* Presents broad coverage of all British plants (flowers, trees, grasses, etc.) identified in the Red Data Surveys
* Author is a witty and perceptive columnist on conservation issues and author of several books on conservation
* Project is backed and promoted by PlantLife, a UK charity devoted to the conservation of British plants
* Includes foreword by Barbara Young--recent Director of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, now the Director of English Natural Heritage
* Covers England, Scotland and Wales
* Elegant and amusing prose; covers fact, anecdote, and folklore; plus over 100 colour photographs
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:15 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.