The Secret Birthday Message by Eric Carle

The Secret Birthday Message

by Eric Carle

Maybe Carle's most masterfully laid out book of all. This makes a kid feel like he/she is inside the book, following the clues to the secret birthday message. So simple and brilliant.
  mikeswanson | May 10, 2017 |
Eric Carle begins this story by introducing us to the character named Tim who is reading a message regarding his birthday. We see Tim reading a birthday message in Code, which we soon unlock this code as we flip through each page. Each page is designed to be a symbol in the coded message we were introduced to in the beginning. This is a fun interactive book that will keep young readers excited as they flip through each page. As we journey through the pages to fin out what Tims birthday message is leading him to, towards the end we find out it's a cute little puppy. The book ends with an illustration of a map showing the adventure we took to get to Tim's birthday gift. ( )
  asialandry | Oct 12, 2016 |
This one was interesting. It was different from the rest of his books I've read. This one told a story instead of repeating a couple lines. It has the classic illistrations and the simple text but there was more here than in the other books. I though this book used shapes perfectly. There was a letter at the beginning that used shapes instead of the shape word. Then through out the book the shaped were shown by page shape and a real life version of the shape. I really liked this one. ( )
  tkehoe | Nov 3, 2015 |
Birthday is a special time for a child and making it a fun experience is even better. He has to go through a maze to get his present and at the end is so excited for this present.
  margaritamunoz14 | Apr 29, 2015 |
This book is about a note that a little boy named Tim gets the night right before his birthday. This special note can lead him to where his awesome birthday present is being kept. This is a good book for children because it can show them how to follow directions. ( )
  ccampeaux | Apr 22, 2015 |
On the night before Tim's birthday he found a strange envelope under his bed.

Scholastic Reading Level: 2.7

It is Tim's birthday. Instead of a package, Tim gets a mysterious letter -- written in code! Tim -- and the reader -- are off, following the clues. And at the end of the treasure hunt is a wonderful birthday surprise!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:00 -0400)

By following the instructions in the coded message, Tim finds his birthday present.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,395,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible