Kuuleeko kukaan? by Marian Keyes

Kuuleeko kukaan? (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Marian Keyes, Liisa Laaksonen ((KÄÄnt.))

Member:humppabeibi
Title:Kuuleeko kukaan?
Authors:Marian Keyes
Other authors:Liisa Laaksonen ((KÄÄnt.))
Info:Helsinki : Tammi, 2008.
Rating:***
Tags:2008 luettu, avioliitto, irlanti, kaunokirjallisuus, kuolema, meediot, onnettomuudet, surutyö, new york, dublin, yhdysvallat, psykologiset romaanit, 2012 luettu, lukupiiri

Anybody out There? by Marian Keyes (2006)

Recently added byCBMomma, private library, Peace2, sarahhepworth, Alkmini_A, Catigerine, jenhen0612, Boona, oldblack
    PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (Norabee)
    Norabee: Both of these books are well written and enjoyable and if you enjoyed one, you will certainly enjoy the other!
    Watermelon by Marian Keyes (6impossible)

English (50)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (55)
I loved this book so much. I have always enjoyed all of the books I have ever read by this author but this one was definitely the best. I was reading along, thinking I knew what was happening. Them WHAM !!! Part 2 and nothing was how I had thought at all. Totally blew me away. WOW!! I wasn't expecting that at all. I laughed, I cried. I loved this book soooooo much. ( )
  susancrowe01 | Apr 25, 2013 |
Oh gosh... I think I need to create a new shelf: tear-jerker. Because WOW, I totally cried through an entire section of the book... But the book was SO humorous at times! Like laugh-out-loud funny! If it hadn't been, there is NO WAY I could have handled how incredibly sad the underlying story was! But I really really enjoyed the book, even though it was really sad. Her sister, Helen was a HOOT! And her mom! HILARIOUS! :) I though the author did a good job balancing the emotions, overall, which was really really impressive! ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
I felt a little betrayed when I finally got the whole plot reveal -- I had assumed the book was going in one direction, and then WHAM...it became a book I totally didn't expect and was a little more serious than I was really looking for in an escape read. I guess it could be my fault for coming in with too many assumptions/expectations, but there is a big open ended question that doesn't get resolved until about halfway through! ( )
  katejhansen | Nov 20, 2012 |
This was the BEST Marian Keyes book I've read. (I've only read a few of them so far.) It took me a bit to actually get into the book, but once it picked up it kept my interest! There was always something going on, whether in her work like, family life, or personal life. I don't give too many books 5*, and it's not like this book was earth shattering, but it was a book I really enjoyed reading and kept my interest throughout. Like most of Marian Keyes characters, you feel like you get to know them which makes the story that much more enjoyable. I definitely recommend this book for an easy, interesting, light beach read...afterall, that's where I finished reading it!! ( )
  DogDayz | Oct 23, 2012 |
An emotionally moving story that lives up to the cliche of making you laugh and making you cry at the same time.

This is also probably one of those cases where you will get a stronger reaction to this book book, the less you know about it, as it was in my case.

So you'll just have to take my word for it... ( )
  timothyl33 | May 8, 2012 |
Prologue: There was no return address on the envelope, which was a little weird.
Mum flung open the sitting-room door and announced, 'Morning, Anna, time for your tablets.'

Bestselling author Marian Keyes has delighted readers with the lives, loves, and foibles of the irrepressible Walsh sisters and their eccentric mammy. In this Life in the Big Apple is perfect for Anna. She has the best job in the world, a lovely apartment, and great friends. Then one morning, she wakes up in her mammy's house in Dublin with stitches in her face, a dislocated knee, hands smashed up, and no memory at all of what happened. As soon as she's able, Anna's flying back to Manhattan, mystified but determined to find out how her life turned upside down. As her past slowly begins coming back to her, she sets out on an outrageous quest—involving lilies, psychics, mediums, and anyone who can point her in the right direction.

Marrying life's darker bits with wild humor and tender wit, Anybody Out There? is a strange and wonderfully charming look at love here and ever after.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:59 -0400)

Anna Walsh returns to her family in Dublin to recuperate from a debilitating and disfiguring accident. Her family tries to bolster her spirits, while her husband in New York is mysteriously missing.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141019379, 0241958571

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,327,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible