Dreamfever: Fever Series Book 4 by Karen…

Dreamfever: Fever Series Book 4 (edition 2010)

by Karen Marie Moning (Author)

Series: Fever (4)

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister's murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac's every thought - and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust. As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V'lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister's diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac's greatest enemy delivers a final challenge. It's an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth--about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons, and about the world she thought she knew.… (more)
Member:SheaAston
Title:Dreamfever: Fever Series Book 4
Authors:Karen Marie Moning (Author)
Info:Dell (2010), Edition: Reissue, 528 pages
Rating:*****

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Couldn't put it down, hate cliffhanger endings
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
That ending was just mean... ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
3.5 stars

Another cliff ending.

Sigh. I was going to take a break but after that ending, impossible.

The middle dragged a bit and I'm getting a little fed up with not a lot of progression on the Mac - Barrons relationship front. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
Reread 2017: it's so good to read these books knowing I don't have to freak out over the cliffhanger. Still very good!
_____
Original review 2014:
5/5 black and crimson stars!

Every book, you think it can't get any better. And every book this series manages to do just that!
The book continues after the horrible events at the end of faefever. I have to admit that I hated the beginning of the book from Dani's point of view and was very happy to return to Mac's POV.

She is still not herself from the events in the last book, but Barrons is 'working' really hard to get her back to her old self again. and you see a bit of a different side to him. Dancing and all, no less!

"I want it to always be like this", I tell him. His nostrils flare, obsidian eyes mock. "Try holding on to that thought."
"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."
"Ah, Mac," he says, and his laughter is as dark and cold as the place of which I dream, "one day you will wonder if it's possible to hate me more."

"Don't leave me." I trash in the sheets. "I'm not, Mac."
I know I'm dreaming then, because dreams are home to the absurd and what he says next is beyond absurd. "You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl."

A lot of things happen in this book and I'm once again astounded by the ability of Karen Marie Moning to build the world around Mac. Mac grows even more into her own and who she is supposed to be in the future. We get a hint of the prophecy and discover what magical worlds lay in the silvers.

The ending left me in total and complete shock and I'm almost afraid to read the next book to find out if my suspisions are correct - which I really think they are! It's a heartbreaking and confusing end. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Well I read the first three in quick succession but this one I've stalled out. It might be because I'm tired but mostly I think it's because I have come to hate Barrons. Like really hate him. We get it, he's not human, he's a bad-ass, and all that. The mystery of it all ... sure...but that's just it...he continues to be a mystery and the author never really gives us anything, or Mac for that matter. On top of that I hate how he throws her rape in her face all the time and continues to berate her for her association with V'Lane. I just hate him...I hope he gets a spear in the gut. I'll never know as I am done with this series. Mystery is an important aspect of drawing reader's into a character but you can't keep a character a mystery forever while highlighting his less redeemable qualities. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Dec 1, 2018 |
I come here not to bury Dreamfever but to wonder at it. Who exactly is reading it and its earlier iterations? My mother, who consumes trashy hardcover bestsellers on a daily basis, declared it too junky “even for her.” It seems too weird and complicated to appeal to love-starved teenagers, but too cheesy and self-consciously “erotic” to appeal to the super-geeky ones. The recipes force me to assume the target audience is very strange housewives.

Some people are a force of nature. Like wind or water over stone, they reshape lives. This book is dedicated to Amy Berkower.
When I was in high school, I used to hate that Sylvia Plath poem where she talked about knowing the bottom, that she knew it with her great taproot and that it was what everybody else feared, but she didn't, because she'd been there.
I wasn't poised between stupid and testing my limits. Miles of uncharted stupid stretched on both sides of the line on which I stood.

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

They may have stolen my past, but I’ll never let them take my future.

When the walls between Man and Fae come crashing down, freeing the insatiable, immortal Unseelie from their icy prison, MacKayla Lane is caught in a deadly trap. Captured by the Fae Lord Master, she is left with no memory of who or what she is: the only sidhe-seer alive who can track the Sinsar Dubh, a book of arcane black magic that holds the key to controlling both worlds.

Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems—and Mac is forced to face a soul-shattering truth.

Who do you trust when you can’t even trust yourself?

Don’t miss the entire MacKayla Lane series:

• Book 1: Darkfever
• Book 2: Bloodfever
• Book 3: Faefever
• Book 4: Dreamfever
• Book 5: Shadowfever

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,379,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible