Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Member:dbhutch
Title:Dreamfever
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned (inactive)
Rating:*****
Tags:Dublin, Elves, Fae, Faerie, Fantasy, Fiction, Mac, Magic, Murder, Mystery, Paranormal, Series, Vampires, Dan, Beth, 2010, D2010, B2010, D2012, 2012

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

This is the next to the last book in the series. Mac when we last saw her was being assaulted by a group of UnSeelie Princes. This does turn her Priya, but Dani helps rescue her from their clutches. Barron then rescues Mac from Rowena at the Abbey and then spends months helping Mac return to herself and enjoying himself along the way. Rainbow Mac is gone and Red and Black Mac is here. She's now immune to death by sex Fae magic, can walk through most wards. V'Lane is back but why wasn't he there when she called his name? Cause he was with the Queen, and couldn't leave. He takes Mac to see her parents and this causes them to be captured by the Lord Master. Mac's lost in the Silvers and trying to find her way back home. On one of the worlds a beast seems to be protecting her but Ryodern helps kill it with Mac wielding the death stroke. The beast slowly changes forms back to its original one and it seems to be important to Mac. Who was it? Alina? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Cliffhanger, cliffhanger, cliffhanger ! What a ride this book is, everything is happening all the time. Ther doesn't seem a moment to rest. Barrons is trying to save Mac, wonderfully. Will she trust in him ? Mac has to find a way to stop the end of her world, she needs everyone to work together. But can they all do that ? Can she help unite them ? The unseelie are all around the world no place is safe, not even her home town.
Even better on Audio for the second "read" ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Again this book took control and I was unable to put it down. I read this book in one sitting and didn't lose interest once. Karen Marie Moning is a great author but this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I only have one problem with this book. The cliff hanger sucks. I wanted more. I had a lot of fun reading this book. Can't wait for the next. ( )
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
Dreamfever is, I think, best in the series, so far. ( )
  kimberwolf | Jan 16, 2016 |
I come here not to bury Dreamfever but to wonder at it. Who exactly is reading it and its earlier iterations? My mother, who consumes trashy hardcover bestsellers on a daily basis, declared it too junky “even for her.” It seems too weird and complicated to appeal to love-starved teenagers, but too cheesy and self-consciously “erotic” to appeal to the super-geeky ones. The recipes force me to assume the target audience is very strange housewives.

Some people are a force of nature. Like wind or water over stone, they reshape lives. This book is dedicated to Amy Berkower.
When I was in high school, I used to hate that Sylvia Plath poem where she talked about knowing the bottom, that she knew it with her great taproot and that it was what everybody else feared, but she didn't, because she'd been there.
I wasn't poised between stupid and testing my limits. Miles of uncharted stupid stretched on both sides of the line on which I stood.

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

They may have stolen my past, but I’ll never let them take my future.

When the walls between Man and Fae come crashing down, freeing the insatiable, immortal Unseelie from their icy prison, MacKayla Lane is caught in a deadly trap. Captured by the Fae Lord Master, she is left with no memory of who or what she is: the only sidhe-seer alive who can track the Sinsar Dubh, a book of arcane black magic that holds the key to controlling both worlds.

Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems—and Mac is forced to face a soul-shattering truth.

Who do you trust when you can’t even trust yourself?

Don’t miss the entire MacKayla Lane series:

• Book 1: Darkfever
• Book 2: Bloodfever
• Book 3: Faefever
• Book 4: Dreamfever
• Book 5: Shadowfever

Atlanta suburb resident MacKayla Lane discovers her ability to see into the realm of the Fae after the devastating murder of her sister and attracts the unwanted attention of Seelie, vampire, and human assassins.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,078,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible