Abduction by Gordon Korman

Abduction (2006)

by Gordon Korman

After 6 years of trying, I've found that Christopher Pike just can't captivate or even hold for a minute any of my kids, so I have to move on to more modern books, I suppose. It's just so hard to get into cheap thrillers anymore, but this one worked for me.
This is the first Korman I've read, and now I think I'll try some of his other books that creep out of every crevice in my classroom. I keep getting these titles as bonus-point picks from Scholastic, and their enticing covers just don't entice my population of 7th & 8th graders, but I've also found that my kids don't ever seem to get into books that I haven't raved about first.
I read it in about 2 hours (I'm a slow reader, and it was adequately suspenseful. Now, I have to see if it works with the kids.

engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
You can read this series after the preceding series or on its own. It's rather interesting, but the kids are a bit too precocious for my taste. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 12, 2012 |
The book kidnapped was a amazing book . I liked the part when adian went looking for meg . when adian came incontacet with the kidnappers Igot scared . I liked the part where the kidnapper was flying airplans and was being nice to meg. But I did not like the part when they aer mean to meg. ( )
  DD450 | Dec 1, 2011 |
If u like supprising book's you will like this one.It's about Meg and her brother adien.Meg get's kid napped and her brother fight's for her the kid napper's get away with Meg an her brother call's the police. ( )
  wade33 | Dec 1, 2011 |
The Abduction is the first book within Gordon Korman’s Kidnapped trilogy. A spin-off from the On the Run series, Aiden and his younger sister Meg return in this fast paced adventure. Already struggling to find normalcy after a wrongful and reversed sentence of aiding foreign terrorists, the Falconer family encounters another difficulty. Eleven year-old Meg is kidnapped walking home from school with her brother. Aiden the only witness of the incident finds himself helping the FBI to try and get his sister back. Korman writes about anyone’s worst nightmare of being abducted already gaining the attention of readers. The angles of the story frequently shift from what’s going on with Meg, to Aiden or the police officer adding to the suspense. Although some of events seem cliché, the scenes from this book could come straight out of a movie. The end of this novel, slides right into the next book- leaving the reader wanting to know what happens next (which would require one to read the next book). The themes or surivial, determination and family are evident. Younger readers, who like action and suspense, will find entertainment in The Abduction.

Age Appropriate: 5th grade to 8th grade ( )
  erineell | Nov 15, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 043984777X, Paperback)

Gordon Korman offers another edge-of-your-seat action/adventure in a return to the trilogy format that sold more than 1 million copies of Island, Everest, and Dive.

It's every brother's worst fear: As Aiden and his sister Meg are walking home from school one day, a van pulls over and Meg is kidnapped. There's no way for Aiden to stop it from happening. He's the only witness to his sister's disappearance.
Why has Meg been kidnapped? Is it for ransom? As a vendetta against Meg and Aiden's parents? Or is there an even bigger conspiracy at work?
While Meg fends off her kidnappers and plans an escape, Aiden must team up with the FBI to try to find her--tracking down clues only a brother could recognize.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:10 -0400)

Aiden works with the FBI in order to rescue his sister Meg, who was kidnapped.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible