Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the…

Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body

by Rosalyn Bruyere

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." This book is a disappointing mishmash of numerous cultural and philosophical views of the chakras, much pseudoscience, and a little bit of science. While some of the information was interesting, some was so wrong as to be dangerous (especially the chapter on diseases). And I was very disappointed at the downplaying of the yogic/Hindu understanding of the chakras; that was my primary interest but this author is more interested in Native American, Egyptian, Greek, and Goddess religion approaches to the chakras.

I'll be returning to other books on the Chakras (e.g., [Chakra Yoga] by [[Alan Finger]], but not this one. ( )
  LucindaLibri | May 27, 2011 |
Group Q
  gilsbooks | May 17, 2011 |
A somewhat mystical explanation of the chakras, mostly in relationship to western culture. It also gives information/evidence from a ucla research study on the chakras. I have a lot of interest in chakras and healing touch, but I had some trouble getting through some parts because they sounded so mystical. Mostly in reference to rituals/legends from other cultures involving the chakras. (The reason it gets 4 and not 5 stars.) ( )
  kristin82 | Apr 18, 2009 |

Wheels of Light explores the seven chakras, or energy centers, of the body with particular focus on the first chakra, which has to do with our basic life force, our physical bodies, and our sexuality.

Drawing on scientific research, Native American culture, the ancient traditions of the Egyptians and Greeks, the philosophies of the Hindus, and the religions of the East, Rosalyn L. Bruyere presents a unique perspective on the value and healing potential of the chakra system.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:34 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,069,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible