Bittersweet Country by Elaine Long

Bittersweet Country

by Elaine Long

811,035,133 (4.25)None

This book has done it! It has past all the others on my list of favorite books, this is now my new all time favorite book!
I not only felt like I knew the characters, I felt like I was living Gracelyn's life along with her. Feeding chickens, milking cows, tending sheep, I was tired when she was tired, I felt sad for her disappointments, I was happy when she found time for her drawing, and I cried right along with her, long and hard at her tragedy. Gracelyn said it best "I learned more in a few months on this farm than I have in the past 20 yrs. of my life"
I love it when a book affects me so much, and this one did, and will for a long time.
What a wonderful Author! (By the way - Her other book "Jenny's Mountain" is also on my list of all time favorite books) ( )
  itsJUSTme | Jul 1, 2008 |

Desperate to escape the influence of her family, Gracelyn Heath impulsively accepts a marriage proposal from Alex MacNair, a veterinarian with a dream of running a ranch. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:29 -0400)

A young woman desperate to escape the stifling influence of her parents accepts a marriage proposal from a young veterinarian with dreams of running a ranch in the rugged bluffs of Montana.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,314,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible