Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones…

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes

by Robin Jones Gunn

Summer is like me! That's why I love this book! I can imagine trying to have my picture taken with my friend only to have our bikes roll down the hill into the canal and disappear. I strongly recommend this book and this series to any "sisterchick" looking for friendship and a good laugh. This was a wonderful light read that helped me just get a way from everyday life and have some fun. I feel as if I made two new friends, Summer and Noelle. Every one of the books in this series has made me laugh hysterically at the characters' antics. I have three more countries to visit and I've completed the series. Thanks Robin Jones Gunn.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. ( )
  reciperhon | Oct 12, 2012 |
Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes is part of an ongoing series by Robin Jones Gunn. The stories are stand -alone novels of women getting together and finding out more about themselves, and God, along the way. In this installment, Summer heads to the Netherlands to meet her longtime pen pal Noelle. The women had been great friends for years but had never met face to face. Summer is escaping from a possible breast cancer diagnosis and Noelle is still running from a difficult relationship with her father. As the two women share adventures, they learn that their friendship was meant to be and they both find healing. ( )
  tipsister | Aug 21, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Yet another installment in the Sisterchicks series, each book is a stand alone. This involved two women who were penpals for years, finally meet and go on a trip to Holland. Very fun, light and good for any woman who has or had a close friend! ( )
  dawnymae | Jan 20, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I moved during the later half of 2009 and need to unpack boxes so I can find this book so I can read it and review it.
  pennyshima | Nov 30, 2009 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes is a book that will appeal to those who like the genre of Christian literature. It is the story of two women who have been penpals since childhood and meet for the first time as middle aged women. The setting for most of the book is Holland where one of the woman moved in her late teens. Much of the book reads like a travel guide with the plot being rather thin. It has an upbeat tone which rings somewhat false, and at time becomes very preachy. It attempts to create some plot tension through the angst of one of the women about a medical diagnosis, but even that doesn't ring true (I know because I've been through the identical situation). I would recommend this for a book group looking for a Christian themed novel, especially with the discussion questions at the end of the book. Overall, nothing in this book compels me to look for the other books in the series. If I hadn't received it as an early reviewer, I would not have picked this up. ( )
  njstitcher | Nov 13, 2009 |

When her mammogram screening comes back abnormal, Summer Finley heads for Holland to meet up with her pen pal Noelle, a trip that helps both women trade anxiety for a renewed and deeper trust in God.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,246,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible