Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones…

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes

by Robin Jones Gunn

I expected a light read when I picked up this book. I wasn't expecting to find the main character facing a request for a biopsy in the wake of an abnormal medical test at the beginning of this book. It took me a while to decide to pick it up again. I'm glad I did as the lessons learned by the two main characters were useful. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Summer is like me! That's why I love this book! I can imagine trying to have my picture taken with my friend only to have our bikes roll down the hill into the canal and disappear. I strongly recommend this book and this series to any "sisterchick" looking for friendship and a good laugh. This was a wonderful light read that helped me just get a way from everyday life and have some fun. I feel as if I made two new friends, Summer and Noelle. Every one of the books in this series has made me laugh hysterically at the characters' antics. I have three more countries to visit and I've completed the series. Thanks Robin Jones Gunn.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. ( )
  reciperhon | Oct 12, 2012 |
Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes is part of an ongoing series by Robin Jones Gunn. The stories are stand -alone novels of women getting together and finding out more about themselves, and God, along the way. In this installment, Summer heads to the Netherlands to meet her longtime pen pal Noelle. The women had been great friends for years but had never met face to face. Summer is escaping from a possible breast cancer diagnosis and Noelle is still running from a difficult relationship with her father. As the two women share adventures, they learn that their friendship was meant to be and they both find healing. ( )
  tipsister | Aug 21, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Yet another installment in the Sisterchicks series, each book is a stand alone. This involved two women who were penpals for years, finally meet and go on a trip to Holland. Very fun, light and good for any woman who has or had a close friend! ( )
  dawnymae | Jan 20, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I moved during the later half of 2009 and need to unpack boxes so I can find this book so I can read it and review it.
  pennyshima | Nov 30, 2009 |

When her mammogram screening comes back abnormal, Summer Finley heads for Holland to meet up with her pen pal Noelle, a trip that helps both women trade anxiety for a renewed and deeper trust in God.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,985,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible