The Demigod Files (2009)

by Rick Riordan

Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (companion 1), Camp Half-Blood (companion)

How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Complete with interviews, puzzles, games, and original short stories by Rick Riordan.… (more)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Amazing ( )
  jmann2 | Aug 7, 2020 |
Really fun to read. ( )
  Linde1 | Apr 30, 2020 |
This is a cute companion book to the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. It presents itself as a "wow, we're sorry you're a demigod and look at all the horrible stuff you're going to face now" guide to being a half-blood. It has a few short stories about other adventures that Percy and his friends had in between the other books that are meant to give the new demigod an idea of the kinds of adventures he can expect with this bad turn in his life. It also has a map of Camp Half-Blood, some charts telling who the gods are and what they do, puzzles and other things one needs to know to be a demigod. It was fun and entertaining. ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
"If I was going to pick one person in the world to reattach my head," I said, "I'd pick you."

It was quite nice to return to Percy, as he is one of my favourite main characters within the Riordan-verse. And a cameo from my favourite brother duo wasn't too bad either. I also quite liked the tiny insight into Clarisse, she is honestly given far more depth in the short story than in all the Percy books combined - or at least from what I remember. That being said, it made me realise just how much Riordan's writing has improved over the years. He has always had a great way of writing the greek and roman Gods and applying mythology to modern day and the general narrative in the verse he has created, but unlike a lot of authors, Riordan only improves which each new series within his already large world. ( )
  autisticluke | Nov 14, 2019 |

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
James, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Otto and Noah, my demigod nephews
Dear Young Demigod, If you are reading this book, I can only apologize.
This LT work is a companion volume to Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, subtitled The Demigod Files. Please do not combine it with any individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,828,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible