ABC of Canada by Per-Henrik Gürth

ABC of Canada (edition 2002)

by Per-Henrik Gürth

1413126,996 (4)None
Member:WeeTurtle
Title:ABC of Canada
Authors:Per-Henrik Gürth
Info:Toronto : Kids Can Press, 2006, c2002.
Collections:Board Books, Your library
Rating:****1/2
Tags:ABCs, alphabet, Canadian, Canada, Canadiana, cities, sports, simple art style

ABC of Canada by Kim Bellefontaine

Goodnight, Canada by Andrea Beck (Anonymous user)

Picked up for a young storytime. The pictures inside are simple and easy to see, and the letter selections nicely relate to aspects of Canada, such as place names, sports, activities, wildlife, things, etc. I appreciate seeing alphabet books where the more obscure letters (Z, U, or X) don't feel forced or like a cheat. (Zamboni, Underground (for mining), and X-Country skiing, respectively.) I suppose the X is a bit of a cheat anyway. One sentence of text accompanies each letter to describe what the associated word means. ( )
  WeeTurtle | Apr 6, 2019 |
Great book for toddlers! Good introduction to the ABC's, Canada and all of its culture in a very easy to read format. My older son is asking to read the "book about Canada" now too! This book has great pictures that teach you the ABC's but also teach them about Canada. I would defiantly read this book to my students because I feel that it is important to teach them about different countries. ( )
  gjchauvin504 | Nov 26, 2012 |
My 14 month olds really enjoy this book. They're obviously not ready for learning the alphabet, but they enjoy the colors/pictures, and they do like the simple text when we read it to them. ( )
1 vote blue8444 | Nov 5, 2007 |
A a is for Arctic, in the icy cold north.

In this alphabet book, different facts about Canada are presented.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,920,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible