The Return of Eden McCall by Judith Duncan

The Return of Eden McCall

by Judith Duncan

132723,089 (4)None

8/25/2011 - Another re-read. I find myself going back to this more and more lately. I love both main characters, even though Eden is a doormat and Brodie is too stubborn for his own good. Love. Love.

This is one of my favorite books to re-read. It's unique in that it's told almost solely from the hero's point of view.

Duncan writes with a flowery hand, but the meat of the story is very good. The characters are both wounded and watching them struggle to deal with the feelings their past brings up in them is what makes this story so compelling and leaves me raw. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Judith Duncan is one of my favorite category writers and I have several of her books in my keepers. This book is #3 in the series (Wide Open Spaces) and all of them have been wonderful. TRoEM is no exception. Eden returns to her hometown to take care of her dad who has had a heart attack. She runs into her former boyfriend (and lover), Brodie, who is angry and hurt that she left town. I love how the POV switches to Brodie in several chapters and we really get inside his head. This is a highly emotional and well written book and Brodie is a wonderful hero. Duncan is a talented author who should be writing full length romances but unfortunately she hasn't published anything since 2002. What a shame she dropped out of sight. ( )
  reneebooks | May 25, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,350,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible