Playing For Keeps by Karen Templeton

Playing For Keeps (2003)

by Karen Templeton

Wayyy too many characters. I happened to like them, though. -.- I liked this but at the same time it took me forever to finish, which usually doesn't happen. I thought the male lead's past took way too long to be revealed, though. ( )
  moonriver | Apr 23, 2007 |
To everyone who hangs out in the AOL Books Community Writing Series Romance folder--thanks for seven years (and counting) of cheers and commiseration. (Not to mention answers to any off-the-wall question I can think up!) I love you guys. And to Trish, Holly, Susan and Alice, for reassuring me the story made sense. And to Gail--I'm holding you to that promise to edit my next three hundred books!
If Joanna Swann had learned nothing else in her thirty-two years, it was that bad news rarely came a la carte.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373218346, Mass Market Paperback)

Single mother Joanna Swan had already married one man with a Peter Pan complex, and one was her limit. So now she is determined that romance is for dreamers -- and she is one woman with her feet firmly planted on the ground. Even if she does design custom-made Santa Clauses for a living.

And that's where sexy Dale McConnaughy comes in. The sexy-as-sin former baseball superstar -- now a toy store mogul -- might be irresistible to most women, but Joanna had to resist him. Because after all that she'd been through, what kind of fool would she be a to let herself fall in love with another man so determined to remain a boy?

For Dale, though, baseball hadn't been a game but a way out of a childhood filled with betrayal and heartache. And even though he'd refused to let the past embitter him, it had left its share of scars -- scars that perhaps one woman could help to erase. But only if he could prove to Joanna that, where the game of love was concerned, he was willing to risk it all . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:26 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,614,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible