Daniel's Gift by Barbara Freethy

Daniel's Gift

by Barbara Freethy

As little as it cost, I really regret buying this. The book became more religious and preachy as I read on, even while the 'hero' was weak and egotistical, and together with the 'heroine' more or less started cheating on the hero's wife. Come to think of it, I didn't like any character in this book.
I don't say this often, but this book was truly terrible. I've read this author before and found her books okay (3* region), but I won't be reading any more by her.
DNF after approx. 75% ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Barbara Freethy is a USA Today bestselling author, and has written up to 30 novels. Many of which have been award winning and on the New York Times best seller list. She is known for writing emotional, compelling stories, about love and family, with a little bit of magic and a whole lot of suspense. One of her books “Daniels Gift” won the RITA award, best contemporary romance.
In the book “Daniels Gift” it’s a lengthy but yet suspenseful story. With many different points of view it can be confusing in the beginning but then becomes very helpful in understanding the past and their perspectives on everything. In the story Daniel has a dream to meet his father that had left him and his mother while his mom was pregnant. Jenny, the mother however does not want Danny to go find Luke, his father. This is because she fears that Luke will either not want Danny, and crush Danny’s hear, or that Luke will take Danny away from Jenny. This then leads Danny to go to Luke’s house where Luke’s wife slams the door on Danny’s face. On his way back Danny gets hit tragically by a car, and leads him into a coma for a month. Then making a tragic event starts to lead to a great love story that was never finished. This book could never be compared to anything else. It’s a book with many changing points of views, and many different but great in the end problems. It’s a compelling love story that could never be compared to any other book or author.
In this book my opinion would be that it’s a great suspenseful book, with many great events, and problems in the book. It has many different problems all in one book and flows greatly together, with a great ending. It is lengthy so for those who don’t like to read much or don’t have time to read long books it may not be for you. I am one that doesn’t like to read really long books, but I finished it in a weekend and still wanted to read more of it when the book was over. It’s not just a romance book, but also one with many relatable problems, such as affairs, family problems, losing of jobs, and most of all just family. If I were to rate this book I would give it a 5 out of 5. ( )
  LaurenDusse | Nov 16, 2011 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380781891, Paperback)

Jenny St. Claire fell in love with Luke Sheridan one hot, lovely summer when they were both very young. But Luke's parents had other plans for their only son, and when the summer was over and Jenny was pregnant, he left her for medical school.

Twelve years later, young Daniel St. Claire--son of Jenny and Luke--decides to look for his father, but his trip is interrupted by a reckless car. Although his physical body is trapped in a coma and tied to a hospital bed, his spiritual self is alive and well. Aided by a guardian angel named Jacob, he works to reunite his mother and father, and help his beloved cousins, uncles, and aunts confront and resolve their problems. Daniel's spiritual journey lends an added dimension to both the love story between his parents and the trials and tribulations of his earthly relatives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:51 -0400)

A son and his mother reunites through tragedy with the father of the son, possibly leading to a second chance for the family.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible