Just the Way You Are by Barbara Freethy

Just the Way You Are

by Barbara Freethy

166771,708 (3.44)1 / 2

I did not love this book but, it was okay. I have never been okay with the sister, sister, man triangle. I also am not always a fan when the hero ends up with the woman he is not supposed to be with. THe author then spends hours trying to tell us how they never should have fell in love but in the end they do.. NOT MY THING!

I did not like the Heroine at all and I understand why the hero did what he did but I do not believe that a child should make you marry someone you do not love. I also have a HARD time believing that the hero loved Alli as anything more than a mother of his child.

I started this review with 3 stars and I end it with 2 because I just do not like the story.

Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
This is another of Barbara Freethy's stories that has you rooting for the couple to work out their problems. Rooting for a family to see that they still love each other and need each other.

A baby brought them together — and even though Alli has always loved her strong, sexy husband Sam and the life they've made together, she's now decided to set him free to follow his youthful dreams. For although she worships Sam, it's no longer enough for her to be wife and lover when she knows she holds so little of his heart.

Sam has always dreamed of a life away from the close-knit world of Tucker's Landing, but marriage and fatherhood ended all that. Now Sam is torn between what was and what was meant to be. He must decide if it's time to rekindle the dreams of the past...or accept Alli, and her love, just the way she is. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
Just the Way You Are is sixth book of Barbara Freethy’s that I’ve read in the last couple of years.

Read more here: http://from7eight.com/just-the-way-you-are/ ( )
  corinnerodrigues | Feb 24, 2015 |
Allison was in love with her older sister's boyfriend. When her sister, Tessa, chose a modeling job over her boyfriend, Allison joined Sam at a local party. Sam and Allison had too much to drink at the party and later that night made love for the first time. When Allison told Sam that she was pregnant, he did the only thing that he could do. He married her. However, Sam held part of himself back because he loved Tessa and felt trapped in the marriage. Allison did everything that she could to make Sam happy, but after more than seven years of feeling like she was Sam's punishment, she filed for divorce telling Sam that she was giving him his freedom.
Tessa had left town after Sam told her he was going to marry Allison and hasn't been back since. When Phoebe, their grandmother suffers a stroke Tessa returns to town. This is the first tine that Sam and Allison have seen her in over seven years and Tessa has never met her seven year old niece, Megan.
The story well written with great characters and is very emotional. The story line is believable and moves at a steady pace. Once I picked the book up, I did not want to stop reading. It was my first Barbara Freethy read but will definitely not be my last. ( )
  bettysunflower | Jul 25, 2014 |
Just The Way You Are by Barbara Freethy
I love that this tale binds them together with pearls. They are my most favorite gem of all.
Tessa and Ali had come to the Oregon coast to live with their grandmother Phoebe when their parents had died. Alli ended up pregnant and Sam married her but he really wanted Tessa.
Around 9 years worth of marriage Alli got up the nerve to ask for a divorce as Sam left to live in his parents house and they retired to Arizona. They shared Megan.
When they learn of Phoebe's hospitalization and that Tessa is also on her way back from Milan Alli feels the time is perfect for Sam to pursue a life with Tessa.
Tessa had left to be a supermodel when Sam told her he was marrying Alli.
Love the detailed descriptions of the locale and the community. Can't get to the west coast often enough myself.
Sam Tucker has been the referee when it comes to Tessa and Alli over the years. They are all to blame for what happened that one Christmas, everybody played a part...
Like how the story moves along from each of the three different points of view.
Attempts are taken to make up on several occasions but Tessa is still around...
What were they thinking when they agreed to find one more wild pearl for the necklace to finish it...
They all go through what happened in the past, that one night it stormed really bad and it made them realize some important facts about themselves...
Amazing what can get accomplished when you work as a team.
Romance and sex only add to this story. Three different excerpts from three other books are included at the end. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jan 8, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380815524, Mass Market Paperback)

A baby brought them together -- and even though Alli has always loved her strong, sexy husband Sam and the life they've made together, she's now decided to set him free to follow his youthful dreams. For although she worships Sam, it's no longer enough for her to be wife and lover when she knows she holds so little of his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:05 -0400)

Take a romantic journey to Tuckers Landing, Orego n where Sam and Alli Tucker have made a life together. Their life is about to be tested by the return of the only woman who can break them up -- Alli s sister, Tessa. A baby brought them together, and though Alli has always loved Sam and the life theyve made together, she has now decided to set him free to follow the dreams of his youth -- dreams that could take him far from Tuckers Landing and that might put him back into the arms of her sister, Tessa. Ten years ago Sam was made married Alli because it was the right thing to do. But comm itment to his wedding vows is no longer enough for Alli. Now its time for Sam to decide whether he wants to rekindle the dreams of his past, or accept Alli and her love just the way she is.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible