Masques by Patricia Briggs

Masques

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Sianim (1), Aralorn (1)

A fairy tale. ( )
  Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
Not bad of a story. Interested to see if she ends up turning it into a series or not. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I love Ms. Briggs ability to write female and male characters that are equally strong and independent. This her first book had such wonderful leads, Aralorn and Wolf. She is a smart, independent, smart arse, nobel turned savior. The Wolf, an heir, damaged and hated by his father. The two of them dance back and forth developing into a sweet story. Their relationship or lack of one really carries the story the evil king and his minions didn't matter much to me. They are there, evil, ok really evil, with zombies, ghosts, dragons.... It was a really good story and nice escape and a wonderful first book from a fantastic author. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Hmmm. Not as different from the 2010 edition as I was expecting - OK, I've been warped by King Kobold. I need to reread the 2010 edition (soon!) and see if I can spot differences, but the story seems pretty close to the same. I recognized the events, and a few of the phrases (important statements made by one or another character). So - still a very rich story, in an extremely complex world. It starts in media res, and the action really doesn't slow down for long - at least for us, Aralorn has some boring times but the story skips over them. Shifters and magic and betrayal from above, undead monsters and living ones...rereading the later edition will be no penance. And then I'll want to reread the next book... I'm not sure I'll keep this - it depends on whether I do notice differences enough to make this interesting. But I'm glad I've read it. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Aug 13, 2015 |
I'm rerating the book since now I have read both versions and even though I read the first one when it came out and have not reread it since the revised edition I think held up pretty well to my memory of the storyline. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Delon, MelanieCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Targete, Jean PierreCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The 2010 edition is a revision of the original 1993 publication.  This revision was done before the publication of a sequel, as noted in the author's introduction in the 2010 edition.

"After an upbringing of proper behaviour and oppressive expectations, Aralorn fled her noble birthright for a life of adventure as a mercenary spy. But her latest mission involves more peril that she ever imagined. Agents of Stanim have asked her to gather intelligence on the increasingly popular and powerful sorcerer Geoffrey ae'Magi. Soon Aralorn comes to see past the man's striking charisma--and into a soul as corrup and black as endless night. And few have the will to resist the sinister might of the ae'Magi and his minions. So Aralorn, aided by her engimatic companion, Wolf, joins the rebellion against the ae'Magi. But in a war against a foe armed with the power of illusion, how do you know who the true enemy is--or where he will strike next?"--Cover.… (more)

270 wanted4 pay7 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,272,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible