Fires of Nuala by Katharine Eliska Kimbriel

English (43)  Hungarian (1)  All (44)
The first Nuala book, if you're following the Nualan timeline. I still like it! Which is a nice thing to say after all this time.
  Alfreda89 | Sep 5, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this book absorbing from the first page. The effortless world building drew me in and I found myself really caring about the characters. The set up of a band of con-artists heading to exploit the riches of an isolated planet had so much scope and the way that the author chose to explore this was not at all how I thought it would go. The way that she explores the intricacies of trade, politics, and personal interests is fantastic.
  MP101 | May 1, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great book. I enjoyed the descriptions in the book as well as the plot. ( )
  Kaylady | Feb 5, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. Based on the ER description it sounded interesting to me, but after several starts over several months I have to say that this story isn't working for me. ( )
  dltj | Jun 19, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This story takes a long time to get going. It's setting up a pair of complex and very different societies, and tries to do so from multiple perspectives, which slows the opening quite a bit. Tossing in new words (guaard? seriously?), sometimes gratuitously, makes the book harder to push through. There's potential here, but after 113 pages, I'm not sure it's potential I'm going to explore. ( )
  prosfilaes | Mar 4, 2011 |

On the planet Nuala, the scam that beguiling free-trader Silver has come to join has just been blown to the skies, along with the throne lines of three separate sovereign nations. The last male heir of one throne line, Sheel Atare, is unprepared to rule, but he's quick to seize allies wherever he can - like the beautiful and dangerous Silver. Now Silver has to choose: stick to the scam, or get sucked into the struggle to save Nuala - and Sheel Atare's life.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Katharine Eliska Kimbriel's book Fires of Nuala was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,632,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible