The hiccupotamus by Aaron Zenz

The hiccupotamus (edition 2011)

by Aaron Zenz

A hippopotamus with severe hiccups causes chaos until other creatures finally find the right cure.
Member:ecnurseryschool
Title:The hiccupotamus
Authors:Aaron Zenz
Info:Tarrytown, NY : Marshall Cavendish Children, 2011.
Tags:Hiccups, Hippos, Audio CD, Office

The HICCUPotamus by Aaron Zenz

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
This book is a charming quick book to read to young children about a hippo that has hiccups. The animals in the jungle become frustrated that he is always hiccuping, so they try everything to stop the hiccups. Young children would love the rhyming and the silliness of the book. The colors of the illustrations are very vibrant and attractive. I would read this to my class, and I'm sure they would think it was silly and fun. ( )
  sbahan | Apr 27, 2020 |
The book "Hiccupotamus" is a picturebook about a Hippo that is trying to get rid of his hiccups. Overall, I enjoyed the book a lot. The first reason I enjoyed the book was because the rhyming was fun and appropriate. Second, I thought the pictures went well with the story. Lastly, I liked the story because the language was very descriptive. ( )
  msanch6 | Apr 10, 2019 |
This story is a goofy and fun read aloud that using made up rhymes to combine words into more poetic lines. I think this story would work best as a read aloud because it has a great plot and students would love all the funny words and bright and colorful pictures. One thing that I may be concerned about with this book is students seeing the authors inventive words and thinking they are real or correctly spelled.

Genre: fantasy

Uses:
-read aloud
-classroom library
  asukonik | Nov 15, 2016 |
Too silly for words, but hard to dislike this story of a hiccuping hippo and his effect on the other animals. Impossible rhymes--but when you do it consistently, it somehow succeeds. I suspect the author is good at reading this one aloud. ( )
  datrappert | Oct 7, 2016 |
There was a hippopotamus who hiccupped quite-a-lotamus.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,896,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible