This Magic Moment (Magic Series) by Patricia…

This Magic Moment (Magic Series)

by Patricia Rice

Reviewed by: Allison
Book provided by: NetGalley
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Put together a sigh-worthy hero, a free-spirited heroine, mix in some ghosts and a mystery in a Historical Romance, and you have the makings for an enjoyable read.

The book started out a bit slow with a prologue set when the heroine, Christina, is a child. But it establishes that this is no ordinary historical romance when we learn that our future heroine can see a person’s auras.

Harrison Winston Somerset Beaufort Winchester, the new Duke of Sommersville, (aka Harry) is in dire financial straits. He’s inherited the dukedom from his suddenly deceased father and older brother, and must marry into money to set things right at his manor and in the village.

Christina just wants to find and be able to speak with ghosts. She has spent her entire life tromping about town searching for ghosts. She agrees to marry Harry, but will make him wait for a true wedding night until he loves her. In the meantime, she has a spooky old castle and manor to search for ghosts.

Christina is stubborn and willful, and I wasn’t sure how much I liked her until she suddenly grew up and took her marriage vows seriously. I really liked Harry, and felt for him in his trials and tribulations.

Both characters had a good arc – they had much growing to do until they learned to trust and depend on each other.

The setting of a spooky castle and manor with the resident ghosts was wonderful, and I’m now a big fan of Patricia Rice’s. I’m looking forward to reading more in this series about Christina’s sisters and their magical abilities. ( )
  RtB | Jun 15, 2013 |
4 STARS

Magic series book 4

This Magic Moment is book 4 in the Magic series but it is the first one that I have read. This book takes place in England 1743 starts. Thier is a set of books that follows these families in Modern times called California Malcolms series.

Thier are a lot of characters that I feel that they must have been in earlier books. A little bit lost but catch up on them. I want to go back and read the ones I have missed though. The Malcolms have special powers or gifts in thier lives. They grow more into thier powers when they marry.

Lord Harry Winchester is the second son so he never thought he would inhierit the family title and lands. A accident killed both his father and brother. So now his life has changed. Instead of being in politics he has to return to his family estate and find out how it could be broke. Someone says he owes so much money against his estate and will take it if he is not paid by certain time.

Harry has been promised to marry Christina for years and they were going to wait for a longer time but he now needs her dowry to help pay the estate debts. He can not see how his father spent all the money that was coming in each year. The villagers won't talk to Harry about why the village is so badly in debt. What has been going on while he has lived in London these past few years.

Harry's father has been adding on to his home. staircases go nowhere,doors in ceiling, secret passages plus the older part of the castle is in bad repairs. It is also full of ghosts, but Harry does not believe in ghosts.

Christina believes in ghosts. When she was younger she was warned away from danger by a ghost. She tells Harry about the ghosts and he thinks she is just make believing. Christina goes ahead and marrys Harry fast but wants to be courted by Harry before she will sleep with him.

Christina's father also tells Harry if he can't find where all the money went and looses the estate he will bring his daughter back home.

This story has romance,sex scenes,danger,mystery,ghosts,angry villagers, falling accidents that seem to follow and want to harm Christina only. Plus lots of Christina's family shows up at Harry's home.

I like Patricia Rice's characters,her stories. Not a fan of all the love scenes. I plan to read more books from her in the future.
I was given this ebook from Netgalley and asked to give honest review of it when I finshed reading,

04/02/2013 PUB Source books Imprint Sourcebooks Casablanca 384 pages ISBN 9781402251962 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Apr 2, 2013 |
A light read, relaxing way to pass the time. ( )
  kw50197 | Aug 24, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451212649, Mass Market Paperback)

A sudden inheritance leaves Duke Harry of Sommersville plagued with a crumbling family manor. What's a desperate duke to do but marry well-heeled Christina Malcolm Childe? But when Christina discovers the truth about the mansion and Harry, she concocts a plan of retaliation: to refuse to consummate their marriage until Harry learns to love her truly.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:43 -0400)

A debt-ridden duke marries a childhood friend to access her dowry to pay off his debts.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible