Duty and Dishonor by Merline Lovelace

Duty and Dishonor

by Merline Lovelace

241443,774 (4)None

The murder mystery was gripping and the flashbacks to the war in Vietnam in 1972 were so realistic that I'm guessing that Lovelace was actually there. Or else she did her homework. Update: I just checked out her bio and she was there in 1972. That explains why it felt so authentic.

However, there wasn't quite enough romance in DAD to please me since it focused more on the murder mystery. The romance only came into play in the last 1/4 of the book although it was well done with some nice love scenes. The first half of the book was mainly devoted to flashbacks to Vietnam with little time spent in the present. The H/H fell into bed rather too quickly after that and I didn't get the sense that they were that attracted to each other, then, wham, they're in bed together. Could have had a bit more getting to know each other.

Despite the negatives I mentioned above, I did enjoy it. The mystery aspect was so well done that I had a hard time putting it down. And it had just enough romance to be passable. (Grade: B) ( )
  reneebooks | Sep 6, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,714,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible