Double Trouble by Claire Cross

Double Trouble

by Claire Cross

1 (2) 2005 (1) 2nd-chance (1) B+ (1) booktype-novel (1) chick lit (2) contemporary (6) DIK (1) donated (1) ebook (1) family (1) fiction (4) freebie (1) GR (1) Kindle (4) kindlefreebie2012 (1) kindlefreebietbr2012 (1) LLB (1) medium-ebook-kindle (1) own (1) read (1) Reading Pile (1) RO (1) romance (7) rtimes (1) S8 (2) to-read (13) twins (2) unowned (1) WHIT (1)

on Thursday, July 24, 2008 I wrote about this book:

Finished this book yesterday. I must admit it is not my cup of tea. It was a struggle to read to be honest.
Guess this is more romance than chick lit and I have discovered that I do not like romance anymore.

Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
I loved this story. Double Trouble starts out like any other chick lit--first person, with a quirky, fun heroine, full of humor and with the heroine in situations outside her comfort zone. True, she's a bit older than the usual chick lit heroine, but I thought I knew what to expect--a fun, light romp.

It was a fun, light, romp--the way Jennifer Crusie's books are fun, light, romps--the humor is like that spoonful of sugar that makes the serious subjects more palatable. Fun with depth--perfect.

Maralys has always thought of herself as "the bad twin"--the one who always got into trouble, the one who married the wrong man and ended up with a pile of debt, the one with the unconventional lifestyle, the one who didn't give her father grandchildren, and mostly, not the one her parents preferred.

She's used to picking up the pieces for everyone else and expecting nothing in return. So when her nephew calls from swim practice, saying his mom is late picking him up and his dad isn't home, she drops everything to ride to the rescue..... Only to find that her sister, the "good twin," has left her husband and sons, leaving only a note behind.

Not only that, but her brother-in-law has inexplicably lost his position in the family law firm, is wallowing in debt, much of it run up by her sister, and the man she's always despised is starting to look pretty appealing.

Maralys resists the pull of love and family with all her might, but fate, and James's determination and faith pull her inexorably in.

Double Trouble is a fabulous story of a woman learning she's more than she thinks she is, finding that her independence masks a fear that she'll be found wanting, and learning to trust love--not just romantic love, but the love of family and friends as well.

I laughed aloud and cried. Double Trouble has earned a place on my keeper shelf, and I'll be reading it again. ( )
  Darla | Mar 23, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425201791, Paperback)

When a good twin's picture-perfect life implodes, it's her bad twin sister who is left behind to pick up the pieces.

There's no love lost between Maralys and her sister's husband. But his transformation in the shadow of divorce from suit-guy to sexy jeans guy-and from workaholic father to doting dad-catches Maralys off guard...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,919,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible