Capture the Rainbow by Iris Johansen

Capture the Rainbow (original 1984; edition 2008)

by Iris Johansen

Series: Sedikhan (4)

1204100,400 (3.5)None
Member:dools46
Title:Capture the Rainbow
Authors:Iris Johansen
Info:Bantam (2008), Paperback
Rating:*

Capture the Rainbow by Iris Johansen (1984)

Recently added bytinker276, private library, southvine, BrklynOutreach, Bekanne, casbahj, Talthor

Stuntwoman Kendra Michaels is hoping for a future high paying but also high risk job, which would also help in her brothers medical bills due to a accident that he had on a stunt job. When she meets Director Joel Damon, there is sparks that fly between them at a party, and they spend a sensational night together, but then later anger fireworks happen, and Kendra leaved Joel and steals his car since he has no phone for her to call a cab, in a isolated area. So after Kendra finished her current job, she goes over to Sedikhan, to work on a movie with Joel as Director, and sparks fly between them once more. Joel after realizing how much Kendra means to him doesn't want Kendra to do the stunt work on the current job, since its one of the more high risk stunts, which could kill you if you don't do it right, and then goes out to prove to Kendra who is boss, but she is alot tougher than she looks, and sooner or later Joel and Kendra will have to admit their powerful feelings for one another. I just have loved this book and I love listening to this book, there is such a great narrator and I have just loved reading each and every one of the Sedikhan series. Capture the Rainbow is one of those powerfully romantic but short love stories that will tug at every emotion as you read this story. Kendra is a stuntwoman and has to pay for her brothers bills when he was in a accident, and so she has to take the most high risk since they are the high paying jobs as well. And then we have this delectable romance going on between Kendra and Joel that will make you laugh and cry, and some very intense moments that will have you at the edge of your seat, so this is one of my favorite romances to read especially by this author, and its going for a 5 rating on my scale, but I could just re read this over and over and never be bored. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |
Kendra is bound to take care of herself and her brother no matter the cost. At a party Kendra meets Joel Damon. there is an atraction between them. He wants her and Kendra wants her Independents. I like this book. ( )
  jbemrose | Sep 18, 2012 |
This was a great story! I love Kendra's personality and determination. She is bound to take care of herself and her brother no matter the cost. Until the sexy Joel Damon enters the picture. Joel comes off a little arrogant at first, but I still liked him. But as the story moves on, he's actually a lot more considerate that I had originally given him credit for.

I'll tell you that I hated that Kendra hid something very important from Joel. I can't reveal without spoiling the story, but she continued to do her stunts when she shouldn't have. Not that it caused a problem with the story itself, I just didn't like it.

This was quick, light and didn't leave me hanging. It also didn't make me think. Yet, I still enjoyed it. ( )
  kysmom02 | Sep 3, 2009 |
This one was generally just ok for me. I was expecting more from Iris. I have read alot of her books and this one pales in comparison. It was entertaining and had good moments. I just dont think that i clicked with the story. ( )
  Babygirl25661 | Nov 5, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553591428, Mass Market Paperback)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Iris Johansen comes a classic tale of excitement, risk, and romance, as two people make a connection so unexpected and so intimate, it may have consequences for a lifetime.

Gorgeous Hollywood stunt double Kendra Michaels is vying for the job of her life—a high-paying, high-risk jump that will clear the debt on her brother’s medical bills. Casey Michaels was a stuntman himself until a job went tragically wrong. Now Kendra is prepared to take the same chance. There’s just one man standing in her way, a man whose irresistible magnetism seduced her in ways she’d never experienced—and never before surrendered to....

Director Joel Damon gets what he wants. And he wants Kendra. But the explosive attraction he feels at the mere sight of her is entirely new to him, and it hasn’t disappeared, not since their one unforgettable night together—and not since Joel discovered she wasn’t the experienced starlet he’d mistaken her for. Now he’s determined to extend that night into many more. But he’ll have to keep Kendra alive to do it, even if it ruins her career. For he has bigger plans in mind for her than she ever imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:03 -0400)

Joel Damon falls passionately in love with stuntwoman Kendra Michaels, but becomes worried about the dangerous nature of her profession.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,327,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible