Kiss and Tell by Cherry Adair

Just plain fun. Sometimes that is what I am looking for. Marnie and Jake are well-drawn characters for whom I was rooting the whole way. There is a lot more intrigue than sex, but there was good romance and the way through and that was just fine. As yummy (and insubstantial) as a box of hot Krispy Kremes or a glass of red wine and your hundredth viewing of Pretty Woman. Yup, that good. ( )
  Narshkite | Oct 13, 2013 |
Kiss and Tell
3 Stars

Synopsis:
Jake Dolan lives a seemingly quiet life minding his own business until the day he catches Marnie Wright trespassing on his property. Marnie is used to testosterone given her four brothers, but now she is thrust into a world of danger and intrigue with only a stranger to keep her grounded.

Review:
The gripping chemistry between the main characters does not quite compensate for the mediocre and excessively drawn out plot.

Jake is a lonely and paranoid yet endearing hero who feels betrayed and finds it difficult to love again. Marnie is the exact opposite – open and caring with a tendency to chatter ceaselessly when nervous. Although she is quite annoying in the beginning, she has a tendency to grow, not only on Jake, who finds her impossible to resist, but on the reader as well.

Although the characters were likeable and interesting enough to keep me reading, I almost gave up halfway through the book because the plot had a tendency to drag. I managed to stick with it and the story did liven up ¾ of the way in and the last few chapters were really good even if the villain turned out to be predictable.

The writing is mostly smooth but there is some repetitive description and ridiculous dialogue. Moreover, the final action sequence is confusing and difficult to follow. It is virtually impossible to figure out who is shooting and who they are shooting at. It is a good thing that the next chapter sorts it all out more coherently.

The book definitely has potential but isn’t as good as the first book, The Mercenary. I can only recommend Kiss and Tell to those who wish to read the rest of the T-FLAC series because the characters in the next installments are introduced in this book. I personally plan on continuing but it is not a priority. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |
She was looking for adventure.

Marnie Wright has seen more than her fair share of testosterone. Growing up with four overly protective brothers was one thing. Now a mountain man named Jake Dolan has invaded a peaceful day of soul-searching at her grandmother's secluded cabin. Sure, she was trespassing on his private property, but did he have to pull a gun on her? There's more to this longhaired soldier of fortune who calls himself the Tin Man, but she's not sure she wants to stick around to find out what. Then he stashes her in his secret lair-an underground techno-fantasy complete with security monitors and an arsenal-and Marnie realizes the guy is military, top secret military. He's also got the most beautiful mouth she's ever seen.

He could get her killed.
  amarynt | Dec 19, 2009 |
This is one hot romance! ( )
  mbosvyle | Feb 21, 2009 |
This is the first book that I've read in this series and I really liked it. I thought it was an easy read and kept my attention. I read it in one day. And I love series' so it gave me something to look forward to in reading about Marnie's brothers. ( )
  stephenskel | Aug 5, 2008 |
To the Ladies on the BICC train--if friends were flowers, then I'd pick you.

For Rose Lerma, Susan Plunkett, Pamela Britton, and Jennifer Skullestad.
For great memories, and lifelong friendships.
You are the best.

And always for my flyboy, David, all my love.
The perimeter alarms were set to go off when anything heavier than a hundred pounds crossed the almost invisible breakers.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0449006832, Mass Market Paperback)

Setting: Mountains of northern California, present day

Sensuality Rating: 9

Newcomer Cherry Adair takes no prisoners with her sexy romp of a novel, Kiss and Tell. Deftly combining suspense, romance, and humor to can't-put-this-book-down effect, Adair introduces readers to Marnie Wright, a computer analyst in the midst of a career crisis, and Jake Dolan, a top secret military agent running for his life. Jake's heavy-handed attempts to intimidate Marnie into leaving the mountaintop retreat where she's contemplating her next career move don't faze Marnie, whose four overprotective older brothers have left her testosterone-averse--unless of course the commands are issuing from the most sensual pair of lips she's ever clapped her blue eyes on. It's lust at first sight for the mountain man who has no time for blondes, no matter how nubile, and for feisty Marnie, who aggravates Jake even as she saves his bacon when the bad guys come after him. Her saucy and sexy style irresistible, Adair is a bright new star in the romance genre!--Alison Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:42 -0400)

Marnie Wright was trespassing when she visited her grandmother's old cabin, but did the handsome, longhaired mountain man named Jake Dolan have to lock her up in his secret underground lair, complete with security monitors?

Cherry Adair is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,980,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible