Falling Home by Karen White

Falling Home (edition 2002)

by Karen White

Member:CarmenTS
Title:Falling Home
Authors:Karen White
Info:Zebra (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

Falling Home by Karen White

I could not get into this story. I did not like the main character she was so self focused, dismissive and mean. I did not care about what happened to her and did not even finish the story. ( )
  Thelmajean | Apr 1, 2018 |
As of this year, this is probably my favorite by far from all of Karen White's books. I laughed...a lot and I cried. I felt a little tug in my heart while reading this story and even when I finished. ( )
  nu-bibliophile | Apr 9, 2017 |
REALLY 2 1/2 STARS this was a revised book of one she wrote a long time ago and you can tell. it was like the basic formulaic romance novel so i was not really buying the romance. the rest of the story was more like a karen white novel of now with the relationship healing and the secrets of past and the small town. ( )

From the New York Times bestselling author

Revised and expanded for this new trade paperback edition, Karen White's novel tells a poignant story of two estranged sisters. At twenty Cassie Madison left her hometown of Walton, Georgia, for New York City, where she has reinvented herself-from losing herself in her career to squashing her accent. But one night a single phone call brings back everything she's tried to forget. She hasn't spoken to her sister since Harriet stole Cassie's fiancé and married him. But now Harriet's on the line with news that their father is dying.

As she makes the trip back, the only thing that frightens Cassie more than losing her father is seeing Harriet and the family that should have been hers. But she can't help loving her nephews and nieces any more than she can help feeling at home again in Walton. As she fights a surprising reaction to a forgotten friend, and faces an unexpected threat to the family she'd once left behind, Cassie comes to realize that moving on doesn't always mean moving away from who you are.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:31 -0400)

"At twenty, Cassie Madison left her hometown of Walton, Georgia, without so much as a backward glance, but when a family crisis calls her home, she must part with the satisfaction of her Upper East Side life--and return to the tumult of the one she left...."--Cover p. [4]… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,155 books! | Top bar: Always visible