Jury Duty by Laura Van Wormer

Jury Duty

by Laura Van Wormer

It's a good thing I didn't notice that Van Wormer also wrote "West End" or I might not have picked this out of the pile to read. While the other book was forgettable, "Jury Duty" was riveting. Van Wormer got the details of Manhattan jury service exactly right, and both the court case and personal interactions among the jurors were enthralling. ( )
  ennie | Dec 3, 2010 |
I really enjoyed this book. I felt like it was gripping and I couldn't wait to find out how the jury voted and just what the heck Alex's problem was. Really a very enjoyable read. ( )
  bookwormteri | Sep 30, 2007 |

The author of Riverside Drive, West End and Benedict Canyon captures the drama, insight, and profound changes that chance encounters have upon our lives. The life of a "poor little rich boy" accused of murdering a beautiful model rests in the hands of 12 strangers picked for his jury.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:16 -0400)

The jury on a high-profile murder case discovers that the jury room can hold almost as many surprises as the courtroom. The story is told through the eyes of writer Libby Winslow, a juror in the trial of a playboy accused of murdering a model who spurned him. While lawyers argue and witnesses tell their story, the jurors experience their own little dramas, including Libby who debates which of two fellow jurors to have a fling with--Alex, the carpenter, or William, the banker. By the author of Any Given Moment.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,994,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible