Lost Highways by Curtiss Ann Matlock

Lost Highways (edition 2005)

by Curtiss Ann Matlock

Member:PaperbackPirate
Title:Lost Highways
Authors:Curtiss Ann Matlock
Info:Mira (2005), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Lost Highways by Curtiss Ann Matlock

I loved the characters, Rainey and Harry, and the connection they have. A lovely story, with alot of twists and turns, humor and finding their way after other disappointments in their lives. I would recommend it and I'll most definately continue reading this author. ( )
  Sandee5657 | Jan 28, 2011 |
I didn't realize that this was a "romance" book when I got it, which is a genre that I usually don't read. But I stuck with it and enjoyed the story ok. She got a little too wordy and off track in some places, but it flowed ok. No vulgarity, very clean read, if you're concerned about that. But overall it was "ok" ... not likely to continue series. ( )
  zweven | Feb 19, 2010 |

As her mother always said, nothing happens by coincidence . . .

Meet Rainey Valentine: thirty-five, twice divorced, a woman with broken dreams but irrepressible hope. When her mother dies, she inherits a truck, an old barrel-racing mare named Lulu and a lifetime supply of Mary Kay cosmetics. So taking a page from her mother's life, Rainey packs it all up and heads off, leaving Valentine, Oklahoma, in her rearview mirror.

Then, somewhere outside Abilene, she finds him. Dazed and wandering after a car accident, Harry Furneaux is a man as lost as she is. With nowhere else to go, he joins Rainey on her travels. But when their journey leads them back to Valentine, Harry and Rainey find an unexpected new direction . . .

Straight out of the heartland of the South, Lost Highways is a novel to gently rock the heart and soul . . . the story of a woman traveling too long on an endless stretch of lonesome road who finds her way home at last.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:00 -0400)

Curtiss Ann Matlock is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible