Cold Tea On A Hot Day by Curtiss Ann Matlock

Cold Tea On A Hot Day

by Curtiss Ann Matlock

The story moved along quickly, characters were likeable but something about the story was missing. Not enough connection between the characters I think. Or maybe, up until the end, all the characters were settling into a relationship rather than any real passion for their partners. When I read a romance I want a little more than eating dinner or having ice tea. I want to escape a bit. ( )
  mmoj | Aug 16, 2015 |
This is the first Matlock book I have read. I understand that it is a "return" to Valentine, OK. The story is a good representation of life in a small town and an enjoyable romantic story of unrequited love. It is an easy read (uncomplicated plot) and is fun to read (life in a small southern town). I keep it in my personal library to re-read. ( )
  SusanBarnard | Aug 5, 2011 |
Loved it! I enjoy all the characters, and how Marilee James finally got control of her life and happiness. Her story continues in the next book I will be starting, At The Corner of Love and Heartache and I'm looking forward to it. ( )
  Sandee5657 | Feb 18, 2011 |

In her latest inspirational charmer (following Driving Lessons), Matlock revisits the gentle town of Valentine, Okla. Everything's pretty much the same in the tiny berg, except the local newspaper. Muriel Porter, publisher of the Valentine Voice, has run off to tour the world with her new husband, and she has left the newspaper in the capable hands of her cousin, Tate Holloway, a big-city editor who intends to stir things up with his controversial editorials. When Tate arrives at his new home, he's shocked to find a small boy, a dog and a big orange cat asleep on his porch swing, but he soon learns that the boy is Willie Lee James, the learning-disabled son of his neighbor and star reporter, Marilee James. If Marilee weren't "almost engaged" to Parker Lindsey, the town vet, Tate would take measures to get to know the beautiful reporter better. Marilee has more than her share of burdens, however, and single moms will relate as she struggles to raise her son and 11-year-old niece and tries to decide whether to take the easy way out by marrying Parker. But just when she reaches a decision, Tate arrives with a frosty pitcher of iced tea and a winning smile. This is a delicious read for a lazy summer day. It's not overly sweet, and it has enough zing to satisfy readers thirsting for an uplifting, relaxing read. Copyright 2001 Cahners Business Information, Inc. Book Description Marilee James has a complicated life caring for her special-needs son and playing mother to an abandoned niece in addition to running the local paper. She's a caregiver to everyone but herself. But all that changes when savvy newspapermean Tate Holloway speeds into town in his fancy sports car and begins a passionate and persistent campaign to win over the already engaged single mother.… (more)

Curtiss Ann Matlock is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,367,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible