Penelope & Prince Charming by Jennifer…

Penelope & Prince Charming

by Jennifer Ashley

Company of Adventurers by Peter C. Newman (Sandwich76)
    Sandwich76: An interesting book about Canada during the regency era

2.5 stars ( )
  CrystalDawn1217 | Sep 19, 2016 |
It's been foretold that the hero will find his bride in a foreign country and with her by his side, he'll be completely free to rule his kingdom. The heroine doesn't know that she's descended from a royal line, so when a handsome prince shows up to claim her, it's safe to say she's a little taken aback. I thought the story was nice and sweet but Damien was almost tooo charming. The author gave hints that he was dangerous and dark sometimes but you never got that impression. Also though it was sweet that the hero fell in love with Pen within 30 minutes of meeting her but it made for very little character development. The lake scene was very nice and it was then that I started to feel engaged in the story but this book was not a home run. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
The main characters are a little oversexed. It probably wouldn't have really been a big deal except it got repetitive.

I wish the author had explored the magical aspects of her story more. It's funny I found the idea of a logosh existing much more probable than a maiden climaxing three times in two paragraphs.

I am also not a fan of silly mistakes, like Penelope enjoying the landscape because she has never left England, then several pages later Penelope recalls wintering in Scotland when she was a little girl.

I really enjoyed the overall plot, and aside from my minor gripes I would love to read more works by the author. ( )
  twileteyes | Feb 4, 2016 |
Romance all the way, sometimes unbelievable. A young maiden, a naive country girl from a upper class family, is faced with a stranger, handsome of course, on a huge stallion. He needs directions, so she gets on his horse and rides away where he kisses her and she almost goes all the way. Ok this is old time England and that is put of place. I found quite a few sections in this story where I was shaking my head is disbelief. This outlandish behavior for the time period was explained as a magical tie between them, it just didn't fit for this reader. The characters abrupt personally change was disturbing as well. Even with the pitfalls listed above it was a pleasant read and had some funny and interesting characters. I might read another story, the author has promise. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Penelope Trask, has been jilted twice in the past, and is determined not to have her heart broken a third time. Penelope lives in a home with her mother, soon to be step father, and soon to be step sister; all of whom she is dearly close to. Prince Damien of Nvengaria is the most sought after man in Europe. Every woman would feel grateful to be chose to be his bride. However once he meets Penelope he realizes that there is only one woman that he wants to be with, it will be a challenge to convince her of that however. Damien is informed however, that Penelope is the only woman that he can marry to regain his country, kingdom, and his people. So Damien goes about convincing her how important it is that they get married and go through all the rituals. Damien not knowing if magic of the legend is at work or just his own heart, knows he is falling heads over heels in love with Penelope. Penelope finds it hard to believe that they could fall in love so fast. She desires to be wanted as a woman, and not someone to get his rights to his kingdom. However, with much thought on the matter, Penelope agree's to marry this handsome rogue of a prince. They then journey toward his home Nvengaria and she leaves all that she has ever known. Both Damien and Penelope start to journey to a world filled with magic, love, and adventure.

Although I enjoyed reading Penelope and Prince Charming, I felt there was something missing throughout the whole of the book. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it just didn't flow as much as I though it would. I have loved reading Jennifer Ashley, and I will admit I was a bit disappointed with this one. Although the characters were well developed I found their relationship wasn't as connected as I thought it should have been. Other than that it was a well written story with plenty of romance, sensuality and adventure to satisfy you. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |
His full name was Prince Damien Augustus Fredric Michel of Nvengaria, a title that always caused mild panic.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,449,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible