The Day I Died: An Unforgettable Story of…

The Day I Died: An Unforgettable Story of Life After Death

by Steve Sjogren

The title of this book is a bit of a misnomer. The author spends little time discussing his near death experience. Instead, the focus of the book is on the changes he made in his life following his near death experience. I found some of what he wrote to be uplifting, but there isn't anything here that is groundbreaking or inspirational to the point of guiding the reader toward major life changes. ( )
  BlackAsh13 | Oct 18, 2017 |
I chose to read this book thinking it was going to discuss the author's near death experience. While it was briefly mentioned, the majority of the book discusses changes he made in his life after this experience. It was okay, but not what I was looking for. ( )
  poetreegirl | Mar 2, 2016 |
I was a memeber of Vineyard Community Church when Steve was the senior pastor and I remember him saying that before the incident that he was a type A personality and that after he had become a type A turtle. I really didn't have a grasp of what he was meaning till I read this book. On page 47 about 1/2 way down , Steve writes "God's message was loud and clear: He wanted me to decelerate and walk in a more balanced way of life. His words were strong. He said my life had been a lie. Publicly, I had the appearance of living in balance, but privately-when all of the trappings were stripped away-I was anything but balanced." Honest words. Good words. And a good way to approach life in general. The book has caused me to evaluate my own life and make some changes. ( )
  bookstorebill | Oct 1, 2006 |

An Unforgettable Story of Life After Death

"The cold voice of the anesthesiologist recited the typical 'count backward from 10' cadence. Darkness closed around me before he got to 7. That's when I found out what it's like to die--and to come back from the dead."

It was a beautiful winter's day, showing no signs of what was to come. Steve Sjogren, pastor of one of America's fastest growing churches, went into the hospital for routine gall bladder surgery and died--twice. What began as a tragic medical accident led to Steve's encounter with death, an experience of unimaginable peace and some surprises, with comforting words from God, a meeting with an angel, and seeing those who had died before him.

An Unforgettable Story of Life After Death. "The cold voice of the anesthesiologist recited the typical 'count backward from 10' cadence. Darkness closed around me before he got to 7. That's when I found out what it's like to die - and to come back from the dead." It was a beautiful winter's day, showing no signs of what was to come. Steve Sjogren, pastor of one of America's fastest growing churches, went into the hospital for routine gall bladder surgery and died - twice. What began as a tragic medical accident led to Steve's encounter with death, an experience of unimaginable peace and some surprises, with comforting words from God, a meeting with an angel, and seeing those who had died before him. If you, or someone you know, are fearful of dying, curious about heaven, or simply desiring to live life to its fullest, this encouraging book could change how you view life and death.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible